Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
XP Deus
E-Trac
F-75 SE
X-Terra 705
Cibola
Ace 250
I've got 3 favorite Relic finds and 3 favorite coin finds in 2013. Soooo, If I have to pick just one, I guess it would be my Silver Coin Cache because I had 3 great friends there to be a part of it and share in my excitement. Making a find like this was completely unexpected and the range of dates on the coins have led me to think it may have been someone's life savings they had started hiding in the late 1800's. For some reason they never dug it up and it laid there for at least 70 years waiting for me. Who knows what is out there under our feet each time we walk about or hunt.

Finds like this and friendships we make are what keeps us going back. ;D

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FOR COOLNESS - THIS IS ONE OF MY BEST FOR 2013
DSCN0128.JPG

VALUE - RING ON LEFT IS JUST UNDER AN OUNCE OF GOLD
DSC00057.JPG

Shariyal77

Jan 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All these tinny details are made with lot of backgound knowledge.Thanks so much with this fantastic new web site. I'm very fired up to show it to anyone. It makes me so satisfied your vast understanding and wisdom have a new channel on the world.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never noticed this one IP, don't check here often enough...

That's a honkin' piece of gold Casper.
Super button IH.

It is hard for me to pick just one "best find", but if I had to I guess it would be the nice french silver, that had me waiting for quite awhile.

find13-61-4.JPG

And this would be the "BEST HUNT" of 2013.

find13-36a.JPG

Curious IP what the thread said before it was edited ?

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious IP what the thread said before it was edited ?

Just said that we'd all post our best, say what we hoped to be posting next year, and I'd bump the thread back in a year and see how it all worked out.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just said that we'd all post our best, say what we hoped to be posting next year, and I'd bump the thread back in a year and see how it all worked out.

Sounds like a good game...I'll play

2014 Top Ten Wish List. This may seem lofty, but I've crossed off a lot of stuff. Was always reluctant to put gold coin on the list, but it's on this time.

#1 Cache
#2 Complete Shoe Buckle
#3 Silver Thimble
#4 Silver Buckle
#5 Good Military Button (with a bit of value)
#6 Any Dollar Sized Silver, 8R, Dutch Dollar, English Crown etc.
#7 Victorian 50 cent piece
#8 Plate of any kind
#9 Gold (solid) Pocket Watch (a solid silver would do...for awhile)
#10 Gold Coin

Alternates,

Colonial US Copper

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

2014 Top Ten Wish List. This may seem lofty, but I've crossed off a lot of stuff. Was always reluctant to put gold coin on the list, but it's on this time.

#1 Cache
#2 Complete Shoe Buckle
#3 Silver Thimble
#4 Silver Buckle
#8 Plate of any kind
#10 Gold Coin

Alternates,

Colonial US Copper

Without thinking too much about it, I'm going to go head-to-head with you Rick and have a friendly competition with you and see of I can strike more from the list than you

All of those are makable finds, some I've found before and others I'm looking for still, I know they're all out there...see you out in the field!

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#1 Cache
#2 Complete Shoe Buckle
#3 Silver Thimble
#4 Silver Buckle
#8 Plate of any kind
#10 Gold Coin

Alternates,

Colonial US Copper

Good luck, some have made their way under my coil and others I still feel like I'm a million miles away.... and I guess you always are until you dig it.

The cache, I have never found anything close... but when you hunt plowed fields that makes sense. I figure we have likely found many caches over the years, just didn't know it because the plow got there first. It sure would be interesting to know though!

God the stuff I have dug and never a large intact Colonial shoe buckle! But again, another one where the plow isn't kind.

Silver thimble... that's a funny one. First took about 5 years, and 2 and 3 in the two weeks following,

Silver buckle. Can't really think what form such a thing would come in, but if we dug one, I'm sure it would be something nice.

Good military button with value.... check! :laughing7: check check check check check :laughing7:

I'm also good for the dollar sized coin. 1777 8 reale and 1812 3 Shilling.

Victoria 50 cents. Jeeze... I have been lucky just to get there with quarters! Only two of those so far so have a hard time believing a half will happen. You'll need a whole lot more luck than I on that one.

Plate I've found an 1812 era plain cross belt plate and a Rev war GR cartridge plate, so check on that one.

Pocket watch.. never cared because you'd never find a working one. If there's was lots of gold cool, silver I don't care.

Gold coin. Can never see it happening.

American Colonial... have found several.

So we'll see how long it takes you to gain on me, or if I can ever get close to crossing those other things off. I can see myself finding more of the same, maybe even a few times over before I find the stuff I've never dug. I do believe I will find that shoe buckle though!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without thinking too much about it, I'm going to go head-to-head with you Rick and have a friendly competition with you and see of I can strike more from the list than you

All of those are makable finds, some I've found before and others I'm looking for still, I know they're all out there...see you out in the field!

Cool, Head-to-head friendly competition. Your on.
Frankly I'll be quite happy with any one of those, and very happy if I get any two of those.

IP, believe me I'm not "expecting" any gold coin either, but have got french, spanish silver, anchor, and canon buttons so stuck it in there to round out the top ten.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool, Head-to-head friendly competition. Your on. Frankly I'll be quite happy with any one of those, and very happy if I get any two of those. IP, believe me I'm not "expecting" any gold coin either, but have got french, spanish silver, anchor, and canon buttons so stuck it in there to round out the top ten.

I'll be game to just get the digs in, and whatever happens, happens.

Here is my new weapon for 2014. :headbang: Found out Minelab will service the SE until 2020 so I made a little detector investment to try and avoid having to use the Ace again. The price was ok, and the headphones and charger pack I don't need will be a nice little rebate.

xmoe46.jpg

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best find for 2013, 22k(916) 6ct Emerald from the beach

105.JPG 109.JPG 101.JPG

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013