Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2013 was a pretty good year for me. For the most part I bailed out on hunting parks and ball fields and concentrated on older sites and private property with permission. Although I didn't find as much silver as I could have, I found the old stuff I was looking for including a number of firsts. First 2 Real, first Seated Half and a number of firsts in colonials including Connecticut, counterfeit British Halfpence, Irish Half Pence and Louis XVI copper.

I didn't include all my coppers as some of them were toast. Also didn't include all the Indians and some other stuff, just the stuff I thought was a little better. The seated coinage looks much better in person as does the top row of Large Cents. The Indians include an 1864 with L (and hole too), 1873 and 1909. These are better dates. The buttons include a Brooklyn Police which merged into the Municipal Police in the 1850's and there are 2 of those buttons, all found together. There were other things but the photos didn't want to load.

2013 finds silver obv.jpg DSC_0098 coppers.jpg
DSC_0099 indians.jpg DSC_0091 buckles.jpg
DSC_0103 locks.jpg DSC_0100 medals etc.jpg
DSC_0104 knives.jpg DSC_0108 misc coins and tokens.jpg
DSC_0106 buttons.jpg DSC_0102 crotal bells.jpg
DSC_0107 silver coins.jpg

Upvote 0

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One wood awesome my favorite places to hunt is old colonial sites I don't have much luck at the parks I got my first largy this year an first British and my flat buttons. Don't know if I would of found them at a park anyways awesome finds an happy hunting

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stupid spell finder"word"

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds wish I had that luck..i found a half penny new years day no date has to be 1770-1775 tho.

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nleet, can you scan in or add a photo of your half penny? Maybe I can help you with an ID. Why does it have to be 1770-1775?

OP
OP
doninbrewster

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks wheatfinder. I have to admit that buying a new metal detector helped a lot. Not because I was getting stuff out of hunted out areas, but because it motivated me to go look for older areas that hadn't been detected and also asking for permission on private property. What I can credit to the CTX3030 was two of the half reales, one of the counterfeit halfpence and the seated dime. The came from an area that I wouldn't have hunted as thoroughly as I did if I didn't find a really deep flat button. I don't think I would have found it with my XLT. As a result of finding the flat button, I figured the area must be old and then found the other items.

Dirt.Hound

Mar 5, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
heck of a year, don! some beauty coins and a nice collection of skeleton keys and old padlocks! obviously the rest is great too :)

leddel

Jun 30, 2006
connecticut
Looks like a great years worth of finds to me Don , i'm partial to older coin producing sites
over parks and schools .

Dan

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting