Might as well share my best find thus far.

4A-GZE

Jan 26, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had very much luck, with my oldest coin being a 1944 wheat penny that is so corroded almost nothing is visible on it. At last count, my clad total is around $15. However, one day, I decided to go to the park after a couple weeks of no rain so I could walk around the outer edges of the lake bed, and even though I had done that dozens of times before, I managed to pull out a 1951 quarter and a 14k gold ring back-to-back!
Resampled_2012-09-28_20-47-15_21.jpg

I sold the quarter to someone on another metal detecting forum, and had to give a full refund because it got lost in the mail... (Later I sold some other coins and when I was told they were "stolen" again I found more than enough inconsistencies in the story to determine they were just trying to pull a fast one... Oh well...) I still have the ring, though. Until I can actually weigh it I don't really want to do anything with it.

Upvote 1

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: Welcome to TNET!

I wouldn't be to disappointed, that is one heck of a NICE gold ring! :headbang: Just keep at it and you never know what you'll find next.

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How long have you been in this hobby and what are you swinging?

Berkeleyduck

Jan 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a nice gold ring at an old park that the city was redoing.It's my best find so far as value goes.Almost 1/2 ounce of 18k solid. DSC_7926.JPG

OP
OP
4A-GZE

4A-GZE

Jan 26, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long have you been in this hobby and what are you swinging?

About two or three years. I just have a Bounty Hunter... uhh... whatever the cheap one at Hobby Lobby is. Doesn't discriminate too well, but it's far from worthless.

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About two or three years. I just have a Bounty Hunter... uhh... whatever the cheap one at Hobby Lobby is. Doesn't discriminate too well, but it's far from worthless.
So we've been detecting the same amount of time cool! I upgraded to an Etrac recently but my best find on the Xterra 305 has to be this 18k gold ring with 3/4k diamond. Oldest coin is a 1914 wheatie which is celebrating it's 100th birthday today!!!

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the ring

Attachments

• image-2237951287.jpg
    image-2237951287.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 171

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't had very much luck, with my oldest coin being a 1944 wheat penny that is so corroded almost nothing is visible on it. At last count, my clad total is around $15. However, one day, I decided to go to the park after a couple weeks of no rain so I could walk around the outer edges of the lake bed, and even though I had done that dozens of times before, I managed to pull out a 1951 quarter and a 14k gold ring back-to-back! I sold the quarter to someone on another metal detecting forum, and had to give a full refund because it got lost in the mail... (Later I sold some other coins and when I was told they were "stolen" again I found more than enough inconsistencies in the story to determine they were just trying to pull a fast one... Oh well...) I still have the ring, though. Until I can actually weigh it I don't really want to do anything with it.
Nice finds! That's a nice ring. I think gold is down in price right now if you are going to sell. Make sure you weigh it yourself and also get a couple offers before you part with it to get the most you can get.

OP
OP
4A-GZE

4A-GZE

Jan 26, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'm going to ask a bit over melt value at first in case anyone wants it as a ring. I'm in no rush to sell it, so might as well try.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great ring! Now you can get that shiny new detector you always wanted!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread