Where do I Search

McCloed

Feb 9, 2005
Hello everyone...I'm new to Treasure Net,but a Longtime Treasure Buff.I'm from Rapid City South Dakota,and it is a TREASURE TROVE of History around here,Old Mines,Ghost Towns and Old Forts.I try to go out and pan during the Summer,and I've recently gotten a Garrett Metal Detector.The problem I'm having is ALL the land around here is either Private or Govt!!!!!! There is One story of a Old Stagecoach store owner that I'd love to look into,but now,the Land is Privately owned,but the Casche is said to still be there.I'd like some input if possible? Please Email me any suggestions,[email protected] Thank You

Upvote 0
S

sal1966

knock on doors an theres still old parks. also, try an ad in a local free paper. " lost jewelry ? call : xxx-xxxx. try it! ;D just ask permission.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask for permission and if you are not sure who to ask figure out where you would like to hunt then go to the buildings and grounds department, they should tell you who owns it and give you an address and maybe a phone number. You might be able to get maps from them as well with land numbers. That's how I do it in Germany, should work the same in the States, LOL! Asking face to face is much better than a phone call, I usually take a few finds when asking permission to show and it's a good conversation piece. Make up some business cards with your name and number and leave it with the owners, if there is a problem I would rather them call me than go through the police to find me. If you can get a look at some aerial photos of the area, you might find where old buildings once stood and pinpoint some great sites that can't be seen from the ground. The same with aerial photos of rivers and streams, you might find where a sharp turn was in a stream that closed up and rerouted itself. HH, Mike

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
hi check for info on old church sites in the area i have had very good luck finding stuff where the old churches were located good luck happy huntin

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
There are so many places to hunt. Parks are usualy open to anyone sometimes need permit. the great thing about parks is that they replenish, often. riate property is usually virgin territory. Be polite and professional I usually show them the permits I hold, they assume since the countyor state trusts me on there land that they can trust me. Also usually have a contract drawn up they fill ot and have the opportunity to acquire prt of what I find. Older people are usually more interested in this hobby than others.

Go out and ask.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread