Deep signal find!

F

free2Dtect

Here is a nice shape seated dime I found a while back, not a rare one but I liked the detail. I've got more stuff on disks, mostly in TIFF format. Have to convert back to Jpeg to post them here. Hope it comes out well. I believe this is the first seated dime I ever found. It was found at a site a house was torn down. Bad part of town, hunted at night, with out a light. I ended up getting this one, a Barber dime, 4 Indian heads(1870,1872,1875,1883). It was one good night!

Attachments

• seated 1889.jpg
    seated 1889.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,469
Upvote 0

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free that is a nice coin. ?Those old torn down houses are the place to be I guess. ?I have not tried the one here yet, I am still trying to find out the owner of the property.

S

sal1966

nice seated! found lots of colonial coppers. but yet to find any silver older than a barber dime. friend found a 1826 1/2 reale, now he has the oldest silver. wish me luck for 2005. ;D

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Free, that's an awesome dime. I do have a question though. Why is a beautiful girl such as yourself out hunting at night in a bad part of town without a light?
Love seeing your photos.
xXx

S

sal1966

come to think of it, some of my good finds have been early in the morning right before the sun came up. found an item in the dark and it was raining, thought it was just junk piece of metal all bent in half. got to the trunk and started to look at it and realized it was a british half cent 1733.maybe i'm more in tune to the sounds than looking at the readings all the time or i'm hunting at a slower pace.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks to have been dropped about the time it was minted. The details are of AU quality but, you can see the effects the ground has had on the coin over time. Still a nice find as Seated material is NOT easy to come by while detecting. I've found 7 pieces in 20+ yrs of detecting (2 last yr) and the rest split over the other yrs. I do know others who have found dozens of pieces thru out the yrs though (just depends on where you are located in the country and where you hunt I guess)!

knorrski

Feb 21, 2005
Indiana
Detecting Fool said:
Nice find.? And yes, it would make a good night, any night that you find two of the key Indian heads.

Anthony
? Nice find I've found some Indian heads late 1800 hundreds its always cool to find old coins...knorrski

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
It's amazing how many coins end up under them old houses I have had my best hunting where houses have just been moved off or torn down.
They just slip through the floor boards over the years.

Red

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions