my first ring my best find ever

scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
garrett 250 and new this year at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went out on a hunt this morning as the snow was slowly clearing out for the temps were to reach close to the 50's today so hunted a local ball diamond ended up with some change . but had to get home so I could get the kids off the bus but as I approached home I parked the truck grabbed the md and run across the field to a church house that I have never searched before and in 5 min found myself a wheat penny and some loose change again win win for me then it happened when I opened up the hole there is was starring at me with it's one shiny eye my first ever ring or shiney ring I should say . I could believe my luck I was about to jump jive and whail but I held it all in and continued to scan the unfrozen parts of the lot the back yard was froze solid so will have to wait till warmer weather to check that out but golly I had to say yes sir/mam and thanks for reading . oh the writing on the inside says 10k gf & sterling what ever that means lol
Scott

20140327_190915.jpeg

Upvote 4

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find mate, I can't believe you guys in the states can just hack into fields and sports grounds etc. In Australia if I dug a hole in a public field etc, i would be hung. How do you get away with it without people complaining or being arrested??

OP
OP
S

scoremaster

Jan 2, 2013
western md
Detector(s) used
garrett 250 and new this year at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well thommo if ya dig and put it back like you wasen't even there it seems to go unnoticed but leave 1 amuck and the world may come crashing down lol.

Scott

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went out on a hunt this morning as the snow was slowly clearing out for the temps were to reach close to the 50's today so hunted a local ball diamond ended up with some change . but had to get home so I could get the kids off the bus but as I approached home I parked the truck grabbed the md and run across the field to a church house that I have never searched before and in 5 min found myself a wheat penny and some loose change again win win for me then it happened when I opened up the hole there is was starring at me with it's one shiny eye my first ever ring or shiney ring I should say . I could believe my luck I was about to jump jive and whail but I held it all in and continued to scan the unfrozen parts of the lot the back yard was froze solid so will have to wait till warmer weather to check that out but golly I had to say yes sir/mam and thanks for reading . oh the writing on the inside says 10k gf & sterling what ever that means lol
Scott

View attachment 967474
Gold filled and silver...nice find.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find mate, I can't believe you guys in the states can just hack into fields and sports grounds etc. In Australia if I dug a hole in a public field etc, i would be hung. How do you get away with it without people complaining or being arrested??
The players playing sports tear the fields all to hell...you cant tell weve been there after were done detecting. Ive hunted four years and have never been run off of a sports field, in fact Ive never had anyone ask what I was doing.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Land of the free, home of the brave....

i wuz run off once, by a new park manager, she called a cop, she couldn't even approach me alone. I had never seen her before. I went back a year later and she wuz gone. Probably annoyed too many of the locals with her uptight attitude.

Also, we go to great pains to leave it looking the same as found.

aztrezhunter

Apr 28, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250 Garrett Freedom Ace 1950's Whites MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Because we live in America! I dig with a .45 ACP on my side, is that legal down under?

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe we can get away with it here in the States because most parks are built with tax dollars collected from us. So we sort of own part interest in the parks.

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A test of whether you are replacing plugs well is when you come back and dig and find your own plug which is not visible to the eye.

Darn that deep iron...........

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe we can get away with it here in the States because most parks are built with tax dollars collected from us. So we sort of own part interest in the parks.

Damn straight! That's what I tell myself in my head if someone (or a cop) asks me not to dig in the park. Shoot didn't I help pay for this park? And furthermore, am I not paying your salary right now? Shouldn't you be after the hardcore criminals right now? Really me digging a wee hole and putting the dirt back is the world's biggest concern? Seriously? I am digging in dirt, no one cares! So far the only place I have been asked to leave was a dirt lot. I had seen a demolition crew tearing down houses and decided to try detecting the dirt field after the houses were cleared (no fence, no "no trespassing signs") but then a guy in an SUV pulled onto the lot and asked what I was doing. i said I'm metal detecting, are you the lots owner? (Yeah he was). Would you like me to leave? (Yes he said) alright no problem and I packed up and left. I must have walked in 15 feet before I was stopped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread