**UPDATE** 1806 Large Cent.. Nicest I have ever seen!! Im slabbing it!!!

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
**UPDATE** 1806 Large Cent.. Nicest I have ever seen!! I'm slabbing it!!!

I dug this out of the dirt pulled from the cellar of a smokehouse that had just been rebuilt.. it was about 1 inch in the ground~ the pictures say the rest..

Thanks..

Ok.. I'm adding to this.. since so many people have said I should slab this large penny...

Who wants to see me slab it? I am torn.. I like being able to "handle" my dug stuff.. but I have to admit.. I am curious to see what it would grade...

So.. what do I do??

MonkeyBoy

On 7/13/2007.. MonkeyBoy Wrote: OK.. I have decided to get it graded. I'm going hit that puppy with some 0000 steel wool and get it nice and shiny then send it off!! Ah..the steelwool was a JOKE before I get flamed!! I'm going to take it too a coin shop next week and submit it... I'll post additional pictures when it comes back... Sure would like to see it hit AU!!

MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• 1806o.jpg
    1806o.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 4,530
  • 1806r.jpg
    1806r.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 4,545
Upvote 0

tdec1000

Jul 1, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 550 w/ 4" coil and Garrett Ace 250
Re: 1806 Large Cent.. Nicest I have ever seen!!

j2fun4u said:
MonkeyBoy said:
Well.. hm... I had thought about getting it slabbed but I had a 1838 Quarter slabbed and was not real happy with the grade.. Here is the link

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,78424.msg573814.html#msg573814

I'll have to think about it... it just seems with it being green and all... not sure it is worth it...

MonkeyBoy
Who slabbed that quarter, i would go through pcgs.....they are the real experts....Even if you dont wanna sell that penny its a great way to keep it safe....
Just my .02
Jason

PCGS would bodybag that large cent due to the little bits of corrosion around the rim. I would send it to anacs who may slab it but they won't slab a coin with ACTIVE corrosion or send it to NCS have them preserve it and have them send it to NGC their sister company for the slabbing. If it were me I would do the latter due to the fact that the coin is remarkable shape probably an AU 58. Very nice coin. Tom

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Re: 1806 Large Cent.. Nicest I have ever seen!! Do I slab it??

Slab it. With grading on something like that comes a hefty increase in value (in my opinion).

Nice find!
:)

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats a beauty, I'd slab it if it was mine. Ron

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt

slab that beauty for sure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread