Mini Flint Boot Pistol

apw

Greenie
Sep 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought this was a toy, but once I got it home and cleaned up a little I noticed all the working parts. After doing some research, and talking to a couple collectors, turns out it's most likely a boot pistol. Possibly a woman's. Unreal!

flint-pistol.jpg
pistol-1.jpg

Some folks think it's a percussion-cap pistol. I'm going to do some electrolysis and clean it up so I can really see the mechanism.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

AZguy

Greenie
Apr 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what an incredible find! Thanks for sharing!

DainBrammage

Apr 1, 2014
Desoto County, MS
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some folks think it's a percussion-cap pistol. I'm going to do some electrolysis and clean it up so I can really see the mechanism.

I would say definitely a percussion piece as there is no pan, frizzen, or frizzen spring. If it is a flint lock it would be a very dainty one at that.

Last edited:

ScottEdvin

Tenderfoot
Apr 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thankful to you for sharing picture of this beautiful boot pistol. I always want to have this pistol as it is antique one.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
At first I thought this was a toy, but once I got it home and cleaned up a little I noticed all the working parts. After doing some research, and talking to a couple collectors, turns out it's most likely a boot pistol. Possibly a woman's. Unreal!

Excellent find! Please post an updated picture after electrolysis and/or restoration. Unique is the word :)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Its a derringer.Just because its small doesnt make it a womans pistol lol.It was carried in your pocket.There were literally hundreds of makers of derringers.I couldnt find a picture of one with what looks to be two screws or rivets on the side,came close but no cigar.It was loaded by unscrewing the barrel.It could still be loaded.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! That is so cool! Wish i could hold that baby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread