A few of my best.

DigginDownUnder

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I'm new to the site and I'm still relatively new to detecting.

I thought this would be the best place to start, and share with you some of my personal favourite finds.

Please be gentle with me, as Australia is such a young country, my old finds are laughable compared to what some of you guys have been digging.

An 1800's Royal Naval Captains button, and a N.S.W General service militia button.
image.jpg

This was my first pendant, found at the site of my first descendant to Australia.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Some of my favourite bullets.

image.jpg

Some of my more notable coins. Including my oldest a Victorian 1864 Half Penny, an 1879 Victorian Penny (narrow date) an Australian 1926 One Penny (scarce), and a couple of silver coins including a 1871 Shilling, and an 1953 Florin.

image.jpg

And a few more randoms,

image.jpg

Some buckles,

image.jpg

Some glass

image.jpg

Some rusty relics.

image.jpg

And this Nambisco printing block.

image.jpg

Thanks for looking. Any comments, feedback, or information on any of these finds would be appreciated.

Cheers - Ddu

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 3

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some great finds congrats!

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Great finds down under, I'm an Aussie in Kentucky USA and your doing better than I am. Lol. I used to love finding those dollar coins on the beach, would have enough for a box of beer in about two hours sometimes.

Eagleye

Mar 19, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra 705
Garrett sea hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds mate, I'm fairly new myself and I reckon you're doing pretty good. I'm in aus too and I know how you feel. Keep lookin though because you never know what you could find. People have been travelling here from all over the world for a long time before colonisation. It's out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions