My best find ever cannot believe it!

Chimacum87

May 27, 2012
From WA now missing Scotland
Detector(s) used
Deus lite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say it's my best find ever . It's not worth a whole lot as it's just a plain silver ring but the story behind it and now that I have it is amazing. I found my first silver ring tonight and it's my own ring I lost! It was given to me by my girlfriend a few years ago. I wore it everyday and when I was deployed to Iraq I wore it everyday. I finished my time in the service and wanted to get my college degree so I could become an officer. I moved to The UK because that is where my future wife got accepted into Veterinary school and I did as well in a local collage. I live in the country side and went for a hike one day about a year ago. Well that day I lost my ring somehow and backtracked my steps for about a week which was a long ass hike but this ring ment so much to me since it was from the love of my life! Anyways I went for a short hunt this evening in the hills just to get out . As I was headed back I saw a weird little hump in the ground like a small hill. I thought it looked out of place so it would be perfect to give a go. I got a good signal a 86 on my M6 dug it out and low and behold I had a ring. I didn't quite put two and two together and then realised what ring it was. Out of the entire hills and such I managed to find my lost ring about two inches down. Can you guys believe that cause I still can't! Anyways thanks for reading I'm over the moon right now !!! :D

Attachments

• image-377291896.jpg
    image-377291896.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 157
Upvote 7

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps subconsciously the hill got your attention as a leftover memory fragment of the hike so long ago! Or maybe you are just very lucky! Good job man!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that's awesome. something like that not likely to ever happen again....so don't lose it again!!!

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find!

geologyjohn

Mar 18, 2009
West edge of the U.S.
Detector(s) used
WW2 mine detector, D-Tex Standard, D-Tex Deluxe, A.H. Pro Discriminator, various Whites, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher 1270, Fisher F75, Fisher Gold Bug,Tesoro Sand Shark. And maybe others that I forgot?
Excellent story, and good needle-in-a haystack recovery! Now maybe its time to put the ring away until the day comes when your fingers are fat enough that the ring can't fall off your finger. Geologyjohn.
PS, THANK YOU for your service in Iraq!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread