3 firsts on a 4 silver day!

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had 3 first things happen when I went MDing on Memorial Day. I found my 1st ever Merc, my 1st Buffalo and my 1st multi-silver day!
I went to a relative’s house that was built in 1920 and after hunting around the sidewalk getting clad, I decided to go around a big magnolia tree. Not 5 minutes later, I get a 1¢ 10¢ sign on my MXT which usually indicates a copper penny or dime. I cut a plug and 2" down I find a dime and it is a 1929 MERC! My 1st ever! Man, I am excited at this point so I go show my family. I walk around some more in the front yard and get a hit. About 3" down I find ring marked sterling. I can see it is a boy scout ring. I try the back yard and find 5 Wheaties, my oldest being a 1916D. I work my way back to the magnolia tree a couple of hours later and get another hit reading 18, 20 which is 99% of the time a nickel. I cut a plug and 3" down I see the outline of a nickel. I bring it closer and I can see the buffalo. I quickly turn it over to see if it has a date and it is a 1937 buffalo. Also my 1st ever. About 10 minutes later, I work to the other side of the tree and get another 1¢ 10¢ sign and I pull a few leaves back and about 2" under the surface, I see the unmistakable silver in the hole. It's another Merc dated 1926! Also my first multi silver day! Ended up with 6 Wheaties, 2 mercs and 1 buffalo as well as 2 tokens. Three firsts on a great hunt.

Admiral Byrd and Gorman token side 2.jpg K and L trade token.jpg K and L trade token cent side.jpg close up of merc and buffalo.jpg Boy Scout ring front.jpg

Upvote 5

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had an awesome day indeed, congrats!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A high five to you....great digs!!!:thumbsup:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That ring is a great find, but I have a soft spot in my heart for mercury dimes. Very nice day of hunting you had.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread