Uncut $1 note

EDGARDO

Jun 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person that brought this note allowed me to borrow this item. I have ask one of the bank teller and told me that it is genuine. I have no question for its authenticity.

The person that gave this note to me, claimed that is is from uncut bills, wrapped by a black plastic in rolled form. It has documents attached to: the shipper, receiver, place of origin but i have not seen those documents. He is the one who personally performs the cutting of this note. As what i see in the style of cutting he has point, cutting are not balance.
My question now is that is it really from uncut bills? If it is How much would be the exchange rate? IMG_0341-1.jpg IMG_0340-1.jpg

Upvote 0

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure I quite understand your question but here is an explanation. All currency is printed in sheets I believe with 32 notes. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing produces these sheets and they are available for sale through the government in the current denominations ($1, 5, 10, 20 50 and 100). Sometimes the Bureau, when they cut the sheets produce oddities that just don't look right, off center cuts, larger margins, etc. Sometimes people who have bought the sheets end up cutting them up themselves to spend. IMHO this particular note has no collectible value, just $1.00.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread