Diamonds are…

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A girl's best friend! I found this ring on September 15th, 2004, 10 days after Hurricane Francis ripped our town apart, on the beach, way up near the brush line. I was walking back to my van, swinging the machine just as a matter of habit, when I got a hit like a beer can on my CZ-20, with 10" coil. I looked around to see if anyone was lurking about (not a soul), pinpointed the target, and flicked it out of the sand with my toe, where this shiny thing went tumbling across the beach and landed about 15' away. I walked over and picked it up, not quite believing what I had found. I brought the ring to my jeweler, who couldn't believe that anyone had lost a ring like that in the water. Prognosis - 21 grams 18Kt gold, size 5 ½, 24 .2 ct. vf1 diamonds, 3 rows of 8 stones each. The ring was a little banged up and scratched, and 4 of the stones were loose, but all were still in the ring. Cost me $210.00 to get it sized to a 7, stones reset and polished up. Jeweler said he couldn't make the ring for less than $14,000.00. The wife was very pleased.

Attachments

• IMG_8524.jpg
    IMG_8524.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 3

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa horsey! That's quite a ring!
Congrats! GL & HH!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey 4reale!! CONGRATS!! You found the Treasure and the Chest!! Really Nice Ring!! I bet She was VERY PLEASED!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Thanks everyone. I spent every spare hour I could before or after work, sometimes skipping work completely if things were being cast ashore in a good cut at low tide (the best time to hunt). My hunting days have been over since my strokes in 2007 - I physically can't do it anymore, something I always took for granted before then. Surf hunting,(or ANY hunting) is hard work! IMG_8515.jpg Here are a few old Spanish coins I found in November of 1997, a 4 reale, a 2 reale and a 1 reale, which I purchased at a coin show in Vero Beach in 2003 with a parrot on the coins shoulder for $125.00. The wife liked it and so did I, and it was unique. I could post many more, but this is only letting me put in 1 photo per post for some reason, and they show up in weird places in the post. Get the kids involved in this hobby - the greatest thing since sliced bread! Lost treasure is everywhere you choose to search for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
My brother is a large animal vet at the New Bolton Center in Kennett Square, PA, and has been there for the past 35 years, my mom since 1986 (she passed away June 29th at 89 years of age). That is definitely God's country when it comes to detecting if you know where to look and can get permission to hunt on private property, which I did in 2007 when I visited my mom for mother's day and spent the rest of the week metal detecting and taking photos in Longwood Gardens (magnificent place). I found some really cool artifacts on a 7 acre property near Kennett Square that was built in 1786, and I gave everything I found to the owner of the place, and even she was amazed at what was buried on her property. Old buckles, 4 sleigh bells, a few british coins, 1 spanish ½ reale, about 15 musket balls, a knife, a silver shoe buckle, 3 unrecognizable copper 1 cent pieces. I was in heaven and only explored less than a half acre of the property around the house and barn. I didn't have time to check the fields or the garden areas.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are right,nice finds and get back out there

OP
OP

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
I'd like nothing more, but there are times in life when the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak, and that's where I've been since those strokes in 2007. Now, it's gotten worse, much worse. I went for some tests at the VA hospital on June 6, and the prognosis isn't good. "There is evidence of aortoiliac inflow and femoral popliteal disease as well of presumed tibial peroneal disease distally. The ABI is markedly reduce and measure 0.43. Toe brachial index measures .0.23." My left leg from the knee down is nothing but pins and needles, and HURTS. Can barely walk without pain, and it's worse at night trying to sleep.

Hey - I have no regrets. I never thought I'd live to see 21 when I was a crazy teenager, so I have no regrets about the course of my life. I lived by the golden rule, even in Viet Nam, in 1968 -69, where it was difficult to do that with the policies of the maniacs running that war, where we didn't go after anyone up in North Viet Nam, but we killed 3 million of the people we were sent to protect. Go figure!

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd sell my detector after that find. Future hunts will not compare lol.

Jul 13, 2014
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
noobie
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like nothing more, but there are times in life when the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak, and that's where I've been since those strokes in 2007. Now, it's gotten worse, much worse. I went for some tests at the VA hospital on June 6, and the prognosis isn't good. "There is evidence of aortoiliac inflow and femoral popliteal disease as well of presumed tibial peroneal disease distally. The ABI is markedly reduce and measure 0.43. Toe brachial index measures .0.23." My left leg from the knee down is nothing but pins and needles, and HURTS. Can barely walk without pain, and it's worse at night trying to sleep.

Hey - I have no regrets. I never thought I'd live to see 21 when I was a crazy teenager, so I have no regrets about the course of my life. I lived by the golden rule, even in Viet Nam, in 1968 -69, where it was difficult to do that with the policies of the maniacs running that war, where we didn't go after anyone up in North Viet Nam, but we killed 3 million of the people we were sent to protect. Go figure!
Thanks for your service. God Bless...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions