Diamond Rings

G

Gille

Last summer I was lucky enough to find 3 diamond rings. 2 within feet of each other. Going from left to right. Found the first 2 in a large park as I MDed along a sidewalk. The 1st is 18K HGE (electroplated) and a makers mark of an "A" inside a circle. I haven't been able to find whos' makers mark this is. The diamond I believe is a 1/4 carat. The second ring is missing the center stone but has 2 small diamonds. The third ring was found in a school yard right behind a basketball hoop. I always try to imagine where people would put down jackets and such around B-Ball Courts, Tennis Courts, etc.. The ring is only stamped 14K. It looks like a diamond, but being a ring only a child could wear makes me weary about it.

They have been just sitting in my finds box not doing me any good. I am definitely not a jewelry expert. How can I go about selling these pieces without getting shafted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• rings.JPG
    rings.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,047
Upvote 2

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! Nice ring
perfect10.gif

DanTheNewbie

Apr 19, 2012
Central connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last summer I was lucky enough to find 3 diamond rings. 2 within feet of each other. Going from left to right. Found the first 2 in a large park as I MDed along a sidewalk. The 1st is 18K HGE (electroplated) and a makers mark of an "A" inside a circle. I haven't been able to find whos' makers mark this is. The diamond I believe is a 1/4 carat. The second ring is missing the center stone but has 2 small diamonds. The third ring was found in a school yard right behind a basketball hoop. I always try to imagine where people would put down jackets and such around B-Ball Courts, Tennis Courts, etc.. The ring is only stamped 14K. It looks like a diamond, but being a ring only a child could wear makes me weary about it.

They have been just sitting in my finds box not doing me any good. I am definitely not a jewelry expert. How can I go about selling these pieces without getting shafted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Take them to a pawn shop that deals mostly with jewelry find out what they'll give you, multiply that number by four haha. Find out what size diamonds are weight and size. Maybe try your luck on eBay. Pawn shops will only give you about 20% of the value where people on eBay buy for themselves and will pay retail.

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are actually really nice rings! Congrats and HH!

MDFinds

Greenie
Apr 6, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome rings, very nice, perhaps try to sell them here, ARA or midwest refiners dont pawn them!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would find a good jewlery store in your town and take them in and see what they say.

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rings! Congrats and HH!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012