Hunting an old site realy pays off - PHOTOS NOW ATTACHED

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
I'v been using metal detectors for almost 30 years and my 1st site to hunt has agin become my best.
An old 2 room log cabin once stood at this site about 200 yards from my front door and I have found nails keys 1 I H penny and other common farm stuff.
But the last few days hunting the site has made me? ;D !
When I pulled a US box plate from the ground I was amazed and then a clover heel plate which I think would be from the 2nd brigade Mass ?
If you think it is let me know or if you know more about heel plates let me know please .
Well that was not all 2 days later I found a CSA I button and the next day I dug another both are in great shape and all there. Made by? P. Tait & Co. after that I even came up with a Dutch coin 1863 now that was odd.
These finds might be normal in the east but I'm in central Texas about 50 miles east of Austin.
The owner of the cabin was part of a group of outlaw in the area known as the Notch Cutters who were Confederat soldiers that? came home to find no other way to make ends meet
However late 1 night he and 2 friends met there fate on the front porch of the old cabin which ended with a shootout with the law and some good people who wanted them gone .
And from that I can"t count the number of shells of all cal. I'v dug.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
red

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
It's cool to see my farm site still gets some intrest.
I even made the local papper with my MD finds around here.
Every time I hunt the old site I still come up with something new at it, The other day it gave up an old knife and a thimble.
Still no telling whats under them there other mesquite trees.

HH ya ll
Red

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

Seems like you found an excellent spot,keep on digging and posting you're finds.

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Your stories have really got my fever up! I better turn this thing off and go out and dig some pull tabs or something.
~KANSAS~

Roaddog

Jun 8, 2005
Galveston, TX
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey nitro,

I live in Round Rock also. I'm a very green newbie. If you might have some time to show a newbie some pointers, give me a holler.

Thanks

T

T-Rex

Man... if I had been pulling that stuff I'd a needed a roll of TP since I would have soiled myself... :D

I bought are real nice dug Eagle plate and Enfield ramrod in Fredricksburg last year... can't wait until I can get the opportunity to dig something like that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread