Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't believe it, and the mods won't think of it as a best find maybe, I don't care. I'm willing to bet some of you will agree is my best find EVER !

I got this little guy in 2006, in NFLD, I didn't take this picture but you can sure see how sweet he is

bruce-11 [].jpg

Can you believe someone just gave him up ?

My best fiend ever and companion, Bruce, as I named him has been helpfull on a couple of hunts, and has even found his own coin, A iron core dime has been stuck to his backpack. (with a magnet inside) albeit with a bad hair day

IMG_1317.JPG

I still have the iron core dime he collected that day.

Another bad hair day while trout fishing, I asure you he doesn't care about his hair. He was waiting for a lady friend on shore.
bad_hair_day.jpg

He's been imprisioned, for no fault of his own, those ferry officials have no sense of hunor..only strict rules.
the_brig1.JPG

He has helped me with the wood...even though he wasn't a lot of help.

IMG_1020.JPG

Sometimes he'd watch me dig a hole without too much interest.

IMG_2531.JPG

And sometimes he'd just sleep.

IMG_3358.JPG

And after only 8 very short years, he has refused to eat for the past week, and has been going down hill fast.
Having to say good-by to my best friend with such a very short life is hard to say the least.

I think it fair to say there is no human I will miss more.
I'm gonna miss you when your gone. Bruce

Last edited:
Upvote 21
OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss Rick and your little buddy was a definitely a treasure it sounds, I am sure he will continue to watch over you :)...

Smalltowngirl, THANKS, you must hang out in sections of the forum other than todays finds, I don't recall seeing your handle before.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Gaspipe, THANKS

@ Ahab8, yes that would be a nice world

@ Piegrande, you made the right decision to get the chickens, dogs are social and wouldn't be nice to leave them for 8 hours a day alone, although some live on a chain for their entire lives.

@ Silver Mullet, Welcome to the forum, that song was one of my favorites, get posting, and don't get upset if someone has an "opinion" on here you don't agree with, 80,000 members it is bound to happen.

@ Darby, THANKS esp for the PM

@ Allen, THANKS he is (was) gorgeous, and a personality to match he never destroyed a single thing his original toy is as the day I brought him home with it.

IMG_1215.JPG

"hugs" was his pillow, Bruce did give him a good shaking from time to time, but he's none the worse for wear.

@ Madforclad, THANKS, yes I have to remember the good times.

@ Joeyfresh, THANKS, compassionate, yes I guess, but at the same time, it somehow seems worse making the call of "when".

Hope I didn't leave anyone out.
Thanks to all, Your a good bunch of people.

Klclark3

Banned
Apr 20, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pictures and a sad ending I wish I never saw, I know what it's like to lose a good one, very good pictures also. Sorry to hear and may you be blessed.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can not spend enough time with your best buddy. They are always there for you, I miss my last dog so much, I tattooed him on my arm, sorry for your loss. IMG_4931.JPG

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures and a sad ending I wish I never saw, I know what it's like to lose a good one, very good pictures also. Sorry to hear and may you be blessed.

Thanks Klclark, wish I never saw it either.

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Brian C, THANKS, "You can not spend enough time with your best buddy" No you can't and you can't go back in time. I do wish I had taken him with me a little more often. Had planned a overnight canoe trip up the local lake this year, and never got around to that either. A good lesson that we should not put off till tomorrow what you can do today, you may not get the chance.

Come to think of it, I'm quilty of putting many things off......

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm very sorry for your loss, they are not just pets, they are family, the purest of unconditional love. May sorrow ease my friend.

smalltowngirl13

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2012
Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smalltowngirl, THANKS, you must hang out in sections of the forum other than todays finds, I don't recall seeing your handle before.

I usually work behind the scenes here and skim thru the threads - I usually only post when something really catches my eye. I have 4 little dogs (Ella, Rango, Jaz and Blaze) and dread the day anything happens like this...

aliciakay1981

Dec 9, 2013
north carolina
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im so sorry for your loss, he was truely your best find, and from the sound of it you gave him a loving home and a nice life, thats something not to forget. It will hurt for a while, only time can make it better (((hugs)))

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im so sorry for your loss, he was truely your best find, and from the sound of it you gave him a loving home and a nice life, thats something not to forget. It will hurt for a while, only time can make it better (((hugs)))

Thanks Alicia. Apparently it is going to take a lot of time, I really don't feel any better yet. Seems everything reminds me of him. With the exception of my MDing trips he was by my side 24 7 (I have a home business) No one follows me to the garden, no one bites me when I do leave, no one barks when a knock at the door. Yes we lost a few family dogs in my life, and many people too, all grand parents, uncles, aunts, and even some people (friends) I grew up with are gone too. With the exception of one of those this furry little bugger left the biggest hole in me.

Last edited:

aliciakay1981

Dec 9, 2013
north carolina
Detector(s) used
at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost my best doggy friend 17 yrs ago, on thanksgiving day, i felt like a black hole had swallowed my heart, iv had dogs before and since but he was special, i understood him and he understood me, he was my shadow. Im not gonna lie, it still hurts to think about him, the memories are bitter sweet, but im glad i got the chance to have him around and wouldnt trade the time i had with him for anything, time does help. it will get better

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Pretty sad man they are certainly our best friends...I love my dog more than myself..

He is too old to come hiking to cellars now..Old age is setting in but i know i gave him the best possible life he could have
and it looks like you did the same...

Here is my dog"Dweeb"....

Attachments

• pooch.jpg
    pooch.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 108
OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Johnny B.

I hope Dweeb (cool name) stays with you a long time.

When I did take Bruce with me detecting, When I'd dig a hole, I'd line it with plastic bag, and pour water in it so he could have a drink.

PLEASE ! take him (Dweeb) with you at least one more time detecting, I assure you, you will regret it if you don't. I wished I had done more for my Bruce, but it is too late for me.

"They" say men with small dogs are femine, (sp) well I say that's BS, as I had every intention of getting a boxer and naming him Bruce, (After my cousin who died early) but this little guy came into my life unexpectedly...he was given to me...what kind of person would I be if I said "NO" he's too small ? I "don't want him" ? For the record, I'd rather be a girl, than have no heart. And for the girls out there...don't judge a man by his dog...OK.

jharboldt

Nov 15, 2013
Animals give you all they have, their lives and the best memories. Im sorry he is nearing the end, but you have to remember you gave him the best life he could have. Sympathies.

Minas man

Apr 5, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Anfibio wireless headphones
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive & Pulse Dive 8 inch
Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP
NEL Hunter & 5 inch fish
Killer B's headphones
Tesoro Vaquero 5x10 DD wide scan Realistic No
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick I had sent this the day that I saw you in town, I was working on the roof, and I sent you an email that evening and have not head from you so when I saw this thread I thought I would copy and paste my original email.

Surprised to see you today Rick. I have not been detection very much this summer as busy with different projects. Sorry to hear that you lost your dog this week it is a tough thing to go through.
Hope you had a good day detecting.

Minas man

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rick,
looks like you and Bruce had some good times and you took real good care of him. I feel your pain, they don't live as long as we want them to but that's nature I suppose.
I think you were both lucky to have each other.
Some people can't do this, but for my own healing I try and find a replacement from a shelter asap. You can save a life and help heal the pain. They will never replace what you lost ,but they all have something good to give back.
Best wishes
Colin

OP
OP
Rick (Nova Scotia)

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One Year Later...or 366 days

I had to say something...I re-read the whole thing...Thanks everyone OK
It's ridiculous to some...but I was his world, and basicaly he was mine for so long...well only 8 years, which I feel he was robed of a few.

Bruce...I'll never forget you.

New pic. that I have on a coffee cup.

bruce3mos-Cropped.jpg

God love you buddy,
Rest in peace.

Rick

Last edited:

MineralsAndThings

May 5, 2014
Chester County, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so sorry and know what you are going through to a degree. It's different for all of us but my dog Skipper stopped eating more before we had to put her down also and that was a few months ago. It hurts watching them get old and I wish you the best I can in these hard times.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, I did not expect that sad ending.

Our dog I'm pretty sure is on his last legs. Will be very strange with him not around, but you just have to think of the good years you gave him.... and he gave you.

Well turns out he had one year left. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread