My Best Finds While Stationed in Germany so Far.

Lance15t

Dec 26, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, New here, and just wanted to post what I have found so far while stationed here in Germany. I love it here with all its history. If you could help with any identification it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)
image.jpeg image[8].jpeg image[7].jpeg image[6].jpeg image[5].jpeg image[4].jpeg image[3].jpeg image[2].jpeg image[1].jpeg image[9].jpeg

Upvote 0

AlabamaRelic

Jul 2, 2009
NW Alabama
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have no clue. I was stationed in Erlangen, Germany 91-93. I didn't have a metal detector. I always looked around in the old house ruins at Graf and Hohenfels when we would go train.

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats. Always thought Germany should be a great place to detect. GL & HH.

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I REALLY wish I had been metal detecting the 3 years I was in Germany. I spent three years at Kitzingen near wuerzburg and spent time in Macedonia, Kosovo, Egypt and Poland. I didn't get into the hobby until after I got out though. Sure wish I could go back and detect all those places. Nice finds!

easttn

Greenie
Jan 6, 2015
Cosby, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely envy you. I spent six years metal detecting in Munich while we were stationed there from 1981-1987. Best detecting I have ever had. Lots of unbelievable places to detect and usually I was the very first person to detect the ground. Back then I used a Garrett ADS machine and found everything ranging from Roman coins and artifacts. items from the Middle Ages up to Nazi medals and artifacts. It is hard to explain what it was like hunting such virgin ground and at one time digging up a hammered silver coin from the 1100's and then to dig up an Iron Cross in the next hole. Best of luck to you and wish I was over there hunting.

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the last item may be for a musical instrument for holding the small sheet music. Like from a trumpet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread