timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I will beat this find. Old Copper era knife/dagger 4000 to 7000 years old from what I have been told. It 4" long.

image.jpg

Upvote 7

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would enjoy finding any copper artifact but I am a little far south. You are right though it is a very nice find!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice find, doubt one will ever turn up here also !!

OP
OP
timelord

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This copper point this considered a fishtail point and the reason I think it is a knife/dagger come from the Milwaukee Museum web-sight. Here is the quote,

"sometimes referred to as fishtail points because of the shape of their bases, show a large range of sizes. Less common than most projectile points, they may have functioned also as daggers or knives."

This point is 4" by 1" and is curved not by being bent but made that way. I was at the Sheboygan Historical Museum today and he said it was a very nice point. Most he said has damage on the point or base. This point is still sharp. Going to have someone call me about in within the next couple of days. Thought I would be a good metal detectorist and let the experts have a look.

He thought it was a great find because all of mounds in the area are 2000 years younger then this point. Looking forward to see what they have to say.

Last edited:

Rocsteddie

Jun 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find. Copper Culture artifacts are among the oldest and on a lot of treasure hunters list. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread