One of my best ring days ever for old rings found !!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First I found my biggest ever mans silver ring which was between four and five inches down and then about five feet away there was a signal that was showing up in the 17 to 18 range. It was a faint mellow sounding tone and very smooth sounding in pinpoint mode. For some reason after making a good find it seems that I am more ready to dig signals in the pull-tab range or any signal! Because maybe this is a "Hot Spot" ! After several minutes of opening slits in the ground and probing around with my pro-pointer and still not getting signal with it and then re-pinpointing with my E-Trac the highest reading given was a 19 on my machines conductive scale, which would be low pull-tab range for those of you who don't own / use E-Trac by Minelab. I dug a bit deeper with my screwdriver and finally got some indication from the pro-pointer. Upon digging deeper a golden circle popped out of the ground ! That beautiful old gold was showing through the dirt upon it ! My effort was not in vain this time there was a real result !! See this links posting for pictures and more story ! Enjoy =)

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/430594-step-right-up-three-ring-circus.html

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UPDATE : HOBO / FLE ring probable ID.

The FLE ring has been identified by a 90 plus year old local gentleman as a Telegraph line workers ring !! Said that it had been 65 years or more since he had last seen one of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread