My best find in YEARS!!

lespaul337

Jan 17, 2014
Lake Charles
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Waterproof Pro Pointer, MineLab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like most of you I am the guy at work that goes through everyones change and asks co workers if they have any old coins I can look at or maybe buy... Well tonight I had my biggest pay off ever doing this and I am still in shock. A guy I work with brought in a can full of random older coins, a few mercs, Wheaties and Indian heads that were given to him by relatives when he was a kid.. He was excited to show me the beat up Morgan and silver dimes. After I looked through those really not finding anything worth more than spot silver, he said I could look through the pennies if I was interested.. I started going through the handful of random Wheaties and Indians when I saw a 1909 Indian, I turned it over and almost fell on the floor, there it was an S. That's right a 1909S Indian Head in pretty darn good shape only 307,000 made!!!!.. I showed him what it was worth and asked him if he would take $200 for it... He very quickly accepted.. I know I could have gotten it way cheaper but he is my friend so I wanted to be fair.
It seems to have a small stain or ink on the side but other than that the condition seems pretty good to me.. Should I get it graded? slabbed? any ideas what kind of grade it would be? Thanks everyone for reading.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 339
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 3

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! Congrats!

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Schwabie. Still... $200 was a fair price because you take all the risk.

Eagle101

Jul 22, 2012
New England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Gold,
Garrett AT Pro. Makro racer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You did the right thing. You both made out very good in the transaction. Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread