Treasure Hunting With My Grandson

J

Jim Cal

I thought I'd post a picture of my Grandson Jordan's first Treasure Hunt. We went to a nearby elementary school and hunted near the soccer fields for about and hour and a half. We only found 84 cents and some miscellaneous stuff but he had a great time and his Pop had a good time too! He had a cheapo detector but I bought him a Garrett since he liked going so much. We plan on getting back out together since the weather is now getting much nicer. So that he could get an idea of what a coin should sound like before being dug I would find a coin with my DFX and then have Jordan scan the same spot with his detector to hear the sounds and I tried to explain to him the difference in sound between a coin and junk. We did this a bunch of times and then I let him go on his own while I hunted nearby. The best thing is we had a great time being together and he has some good stories to tell his mom and dad and friends at school. Jim Cal

Attachments

• jordan treasure hunting.jpg
    jordan treasure hunting.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 401
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Thats great Jim. Won't be long and you'll have to work harder to keep up w/his finds. Sounds like you have a treasure that no amount of money can buy. Next is to do research together and get out for some more memories. May you and Jordan have many happy hunts together. HH

C

Copper

Great picture! Grandchildren are a lot of fun. I (we) have 14 of them now.

Someplace I've got a picture of one of the grandkids metal detecting a church yard. He found a ton of stuff. I'll see if I can find it.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Will you adopt me and buy me a Garrett?? :-*

It looks like he's proud. What a great activity to get kids outside away from the computers, TVs, and video games.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread