1652 PINE TREE SHILLING, 1664 COB

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a dream day today was. Found my first 1600s coin(2 actually), my first hammered coin, and my absolute dream find.....the TREE COIN!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 13

Jdett411

Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!! Hell of a find!!!!! I only wish we had thing that old in IL.

leviathanrick

Mar 31, 2013
Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely awesome find. Congrats

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds for sure, I bet you did a happy dance.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

70monte68

Aug 8, 2010
PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T2 SE
TEKNETICS T2 SE (back up)
MINELAB EXCALIBUR 2,
WHITES MX SPORT
I thought this might be posted in this forum. Again, great find and much continued success!

Don

Tedyoh

Bronze Member
Apr 13, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, NOX 600, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just awesome! So what are you plans for it, going to get it slabbed?

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys! A dream find for me. Still haven't decided if I will get it slabbed

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought of what would be my 2 equivalents... and just relived the memory of both. :) I wish a person could bottle that feeling, and now you would understand what I mean, compared to maybe a few weeks ago, maybe not so much. Just imagine what your collection will look like 20 years from now if you keep plugging away and get over a real good one every now and again.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought of what would be my 2 equivalents... and just relived the memory of both. :) I wish a person could bottle that feeling, and now you would understand what I mean, compared to maybe a few weeks ago, maybe not so much. Just imagine what your collection will look like 20 years from now if you keep plugging away and get over a real good one every now and again.
Yes that euphoria is really something! I need to hear of your 2 equivalents buddy. Knowing you it's something pretty incredible.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Ahaba8,

That Pine Tree Shilling is in great condition! As “Tedyoh” said, consider getting it professionally graded and placed in a protective slab.

Regards,

CTX Tom

Jul 5, 2012
Upstate,NY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Teknetics 2 SE
E Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That pine tree is the find of many lifetimes! Many congrats on a "top of the list" find.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well well well. Look who's find just took a tumble off of Elite Mountain. Don't get me wrong Abe, this is a top notch, LEGITIMATE find but it appears some other person was able to buy a couple and pass them off as real finds. How rare could they be then?? It's time get off your high horse (bareback), buddy, because you have to find something that'll top this run-of-the-mill coin. Do you remember where you even put your detector? Did the new wife throw it out?

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well well well. Look who's find just took a tumble off of Elite Mountain. Don't get me wrong Abe, this is a top notch, LEGITIMATE find but it appears some other person was able to buy a couple and pass them off as real finds. How rare could they be then?? It's time get off your high horse (bareback), buddy, because you have to find something that'll top this run-of-the-mill coin. Do you remember where you even put your detector? Did the new wife throw it out?

Joey,
It’s very normal to be jealous of your more successful friends. I know it really hurt when Bill pulled that amazing Lord Baltimore out of the dirt right in front of you. Then to have to see my tree coin come out of the ground....with the knowledge that I was still new at this hobby had to be very tough. And I know it probably put you completely over the edge when I dug those complete latten spoons as I know how much you love spoons....but you seem to struggle to even recover a common complete pewter spoon....much less a family of latten spoons from 150 years earlier.
You may consider surrounding yourself with less successful people which in turn should make you feel better about your average finds. You’re like the bigger girl that hangs out with the hot chic. My advice to you is to start hanging out with the other big girls. You’ll fit right in there. Keep your chin up squirt

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joey,
It’s very normal to be jealous of your more successful friends. I know it really hurt when Bill pulled that amazing Lord Baltimore out of the dirt right in front of you. Then to have to see my tree coin come out of the ground....with the knowledge that I was still new at this hobby had to be very tough. And I know it probably put you completely over the edge when I dug those complete latten spoons as I know how much you love spoons....but you seem to struggle to even recover a common complete pewter spoon....much less a family of latten spoons from 150 years earlier.
You may consider surrounding yourself with less successful people which in turn should make you feel better about your average finds. You’re like the bigger girl that hangs out with the hot chic. My advice to you is to start hanging out with the other big girls. You’ll fit right in there. Keep your chin up squirt
Are you calling my wife fat?

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you calling my wife fat?

No I was actually calling your wife the hot chic....and you the bigger girl. Pretty much saying your wife is too good for you as well....but I think we already knew that.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing that's a banner 10 times over in my book Great display piece that's gotta get the heart pumping could be more there Well done. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread