Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 9

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like they got to you!! Ha Ha I was hoping I could make it a month without hearing that. But no!!! Now this post comes up. Ha Ha

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pine tree shilling in any shape is worth $. Their was a well known cave up that way, where a guy counterfeited pine tree coins. That's to me is a prize. To me, You can get a ring , but you can't replace History and a coin like that. I would hunt that area so slow with a G.P 4500. My friend still has his. I wouldn't miss a thing with this detector ,black sand not problem[real quite]. Only problem is you can dig up to 3 feet deep for a hair pin. I see you also had Hammered silver of this area. I'm from mass. Missing my only [looked like hammered silver] coin. Just wondering what yours looked like.

CONFEDR8

Sep 15, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know if this counts but I will post it anyways!

In 1983, I was metal detecting around an old Fort in Key West that was used during the Civil War for target practice, was and (I believe) still is a State Park but has been granted use by the Key West Garden Club. After getting bored from finding hundreds or more flip-tabs, I asked the Security Guard if I could metal detect inside the Fort. I was advised no but I could metal detect the arched entranceway. However, I could not keep anything I found. I did not get a single metal target inside the entranceway but did find that there was a void about 6 feet long and about 4 1/2 to 5 feet wide in the center of the entranceway. This was evident on my' old White's 2000-D Series 1 Metal Detector by the slight signal that I had in my' ear, completely went blank right after a "Vooop" sound made by the metal detector. I had encountered this before and knew what it was which is very similar to when the coil crosses a large piece of completely degraded Iron. I asked the Security Guard if I could dig down in the entranceway to find out what if anything was there. After consulting with the person in charge, he advised that I could not. I then advised him that there is possibly a room, cavern or tunnel underneath the entranceway that should be investigated. About 4 months passed and I ran into the Security Guard and he told me that after 3 months, they had gotten permission from the State to excavate the floor of the entranceway. During the excavation, he stated that they found that the void was an entrance to a room under the Fort which contained 3 cases of (what he believed were) brand new Brown Bess Rifles still packed in packing grease, barrels of gun powder, bullets and other related items. I never got to see any of the rifles or other items, was never even thanked for making the initial discovery and never found out what the rifles and other items were worth. The Security Guard stated that rifles and other items were quickly wisked away under darkness to an unknown location. To this day, I have never heard anymore about them and the find was apparently kept secret between a select few with the exception of (I believe) 3 Brown Bess Rifles were supposedly donated to the State Museum.

Frank

Note: For everyone's information! If you have an older White's or possibly other brand of old metal detector and you have an audible signal in your' ear but the signal goes "Vooop" then disappears completely, this could be a void, cavern or tunnel underneath you or could be a large piece of degraded Iron. It could be a clue to a significant find or not but just don't discount it as nothing until you investigate. You can somewhat map how large the void is by marking where it starts (i.e. the signal goes "Vooop" and signal drops out completely) and marking where the signal comes back. If done correctly, you can get the width and length of the void! It would behove anyone that excavates such a (void) signal to take precautions to insure that you don't fall into a hole of unknown depth or hazards, so be sure to rope yourself off to something sturdy before ever starting to dig.

I was just reading through this thread, and I believe this to be the best one. Imagine the historical value of mint condition Brown Bess Rifles, and by the dozens. God, if only the states weren't so stingy, and greedy.

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$5,000 and I did it 3 times. (Button in 2001, coin in 2001, and token in 2009) Still looking for the big one!
YEP......so is my wife. I told her she better be happy with what she has gotten!:laughing7:

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure of the value of this silver ruby ring...I have found gold rings that may be worth more but this is an "only-one-made" find, unique and original...hand tooled too, no silver mark but I am pretty sure it's authentic... need to have it checked out by a jeweler. Thanks for the view. C9

8 TV14 010314 Silvr Ring.jpg 9 TV14 010314 Silvr Ring Sd1.jpg 10 TV14 010314 Silvr Ring Sd2.jpg 11 TV14 010314 Silvr Ring Face.jpg TV14 010314 Silvr Ring Insd.jpg

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My best find was my South Carolina button,squashed flat but I was still suprised

TheInspector

Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark.......
Garrett AT Gold...............
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT - AKA The Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in a lake almost 3 years ago.
It has never been appraised, but the diamonds test good.
I think its 3-4 carat.
Its an anniversary ring found right before my 25th anniversary.
My wife wears it everyday.

attachment.php

attachment.php

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18kt gold 2/3 ounce 52 diamonds at 3.5 carats total weight. Retail price online was $12K but marked down for $6K. I was offered $1600 in scrap value a while ago.

IMG_0465.JPG

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Big 14k gold class ring. Scrap gold value only...$360 081.jpg

Last edited:

timelord

Sep 1, 2014
Sheboygan WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May not be valuable but the history behind it has given me many hours for research and contact with many people.....

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429757537.221301.jpg

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Very pretty, TFS

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
My first valuable find was a class ring also. :) Probably MY most valuable find in that finding it hooked me for life!
TFS

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, so did you sell it? That thing is a honker. Liberachi?? TFS

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Not boring at all. Gold is beautiful, especially nuggets that have never touched another humans hands before. Sweet finds, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
The Urban Prospector

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOBODYS SITTING HOME THATS FOR SURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nycwalter

Feb 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure of the value of this silver ruby ring...I have found gold rings that may be worth more but this is an "only-one-made" find, unique and original...hand tooled too, no silver mark but I am pretty sure it's authentic... need to have it checked out by a jeweler. Thanks for the view. C9

View attachment 1141569 View attachment 1141570 View attachment 1141571 View attachment 1141572 View attachment 1141573
Do you realize that what you have might be a valuble piece of history?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread