Castine "Penobscot Expedition" A short story for folks readfing my relic and coin pos

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Castine "Penobscot Expedition" A short story for folks readfing my relic and coin pos

Scan0230.jpg 800px-PenobscotExpeditionBySerres.jpg Scan0230.jpg Scan0231.jpg Hey folks
Thanks again for reading my relic and coin posts from the Rev War battle/siege in Castine, Me. In retrospect I have put the cart in front of the horse not explaining some history to bring those that love history and want to know about our struggle for freedom so I drafted up two pages that I hope will set the stage for any relics and coins already posted and those yet to come. This history was taken from my research of many years that helped me find the history you read. It is rough draft so for the English teachers out there please forgive me if not correct . Sorry no pictures here.
As an old Vietnam vet the combat experience has helped me in what I call my mission to uncover history and I am proud to share that with you in future posts. THanks Gary

Just noticed I put up the first page twice so please read the first one you see and the one below it. Still leaning how to post.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't stress the importance of research. Congrats.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the write up. Very interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't stress the importance of research. Congrats.
Yes research is the answer to success if your a relic hunter as there is so much history out there. I have hunted this site foe 14 years since 1995 and had a short hunt in May of this year. Being new to TN I listed some relics and a coin under "Today's Finds" and learned from Jeff in the wrong category . So from now they will be under "Best Finds"
I have been a White's guy forever and owned then all up to my current DFX. We have something more in common being retired military. Retired USA in 95 and life is indeed great.

OP
OP
C

Castineman1779

Apr 30, 2013
Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Scan0205.jpg
Thanks for the write up. Very interesting!

Sounds like you may be a Snowbird with mid coast Maine and Florida. We moved from Me in 2004 as my wife wanted to be near her sister in Florida. Besides she is from Baltimore and froze her butt of in Maine for 8 years. I agreed and we moved in 2004 and had went thru 3 major hurricanes and moved, at my wife's request, to Baltimore. Now here in Va. Great weather. Castine is off limits to hunt bit if your a beach guy give it a try. Found a 1652 Oak Tree there years ago. Here is a pic.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
View attachment 1098022

Sounds like you may be a Snowbird with mid coast Maine and Florida. We moved from Me in 2004 as my wife wanted to be near her sister in Florida. Besides she is from Baltimore and froze her butt of in Maine for 8 years. I agreed and we moved in 2004 and had went thru 3 major hurricanes and moved, at my wife's request, to Baltimore. Now here in Va. Great weather. Castine is off limits to hunt bit if your a beach guy give it a try. Found a 1652 Oak Tree there years ago. Here is a pic.

I'm not a snowbird, I just have a second home in Florida we vacation to and will be eventually moving into as the cold, economy, and the desolation is getting to me really bad. I hadn't looked at castine but I will now! Thanks for the info!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread