Lets See The 1500 and 1600s Coins Dug In The US

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's See The 1500 and 1600s Coins Dug In The US

After seeing the post by button king of his 16th century Lizzie it really got me wondering. How many hunters in the states and Canada have found a 1500s coin? I have a good friend here in Maine that found a cut 16th century silver and he's found a Jeton as well(I know a Jeton isn't a coin.) so I wanted to see some of these. I figured I'd add in the 17th century coins cause I think it'd be a pretty small list if not....and I love seeing these early ones. So bring em on guys and gals. You've seen mine so I won't bore you with those again. Since they still haven't really gone away lol.
I wish I could change the title to include my Canadian brothers. Of course I want to see yours and apologize for the title

Last edited:
Upvote 12

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been lucky... two 1500s, and several 1600s. BTW.. mine are dug just a little North of the U.S..

Attachments

• cob1.jpg
    cob1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 798
  • cob2.jpg
    cob2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 800
  • d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 896
  • douzain2.JPG
    douzain2.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 838
  • gr3.jpg
    gr3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 809
  • gr2.jpg
    gr2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 786
Last edited:
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been lucky... two 1500s, and several 1600s. BTW.. mine are dug just a little North of the U.S..

Thanks IP and I'm changing it. I really didn't mean to exclude my Canadian brothers lol. That cob is gorgeous. And man you've found some early coins. Thanks for posting bud

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks IP and I'm changing it. I really didn't mean to exclude my Canadian brothers lol. That cob is gorgeous. And man you've found some early coins. Thanks for posting bud

You might try to exclude us but not like we'd listen. :)

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking forward to seeing the coins posted. Unfortunately my oldest is 1723, so far......

VPR
You're oldest coin may be 1723 but you have found 4 or 5 holy grails. I was shocked to see how many rare finds you've made
Weird that you live in a Topsham as well. Just noticed that

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, you must really be climbing the walls ??lol.
Well dont have much..Just 2 wiliam and mary farthings..I belive there 1694s..
Opps almost forgot my 1600s 20 reales..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150118_123459.png
    ForumRunner_20150118_123459.png
    184.1 KB · Views: 722
  • ForumRunner_20150118_123554.png
    ForumRunner_20150118_123554.png
    123.5 KB · Views: 673
  • ForumRunner_20150118_123843.png
    ForumRunner_20150118_123843.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 671
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, you must really be climbing the walls ??lol.
Well dont have much..Just 2 wiliam and mary farthings..I belive there 1694s..
Opps almost forgot my 1600s 20 reales..

I am having a hard time bud lol. Maybe you could practice your photography skills during this winter....cause your pictures SUCK LMAO

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why didn't you just make it all ancient coins as well :icon_scratch: been plenty of Roman coins posted on T.Net, and evidence of context on the web. If I remember right IP has seen a Eddy hammered dug also (13thc)

SS

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why didn't you just make it all ancient coins as well :icon_scratch: been plenty of Roman coins posted on T.Net, and evidence of context on the web. If I remember right IP has seen a Eddy hammered dug.

SS

Because we were just discussing the Lizzie coin dug in Maryland and it possibly not making the Banner. I just wanted to get an idea how rare the 16th century coins are in the states and Canada. I figured I'd add the 17th century because they're fairly rare as well. Trust me I love seeing all of those ancient coins that you guys dig but I was trying to see how many Tnet members here in the states have actually gotten back to the 1500s. Just my own curiosity more then anything else

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am having a hard time bud lol. Maybe you could practice your photography skills during this winter....cause your pictures SUCK LMAO

Attachments

• sideways-funny.jpg
    sideways-funny.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 628

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know!! I definitely will get my picture skills sharped this winter..And SS. Is right, you should of included are brothers on the other side...Thats just not right..

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because we were just discussing the Lizzie coin dug in Maryland and it possibly not making the Banner. I just wanted to get an idea how rare the 16th century coins are in the states and Canada. I figured I'd add the 17th century because they're fairly rare as well. Trust me I love seeing all of those ancient coins that you guys dig but I was trying to see how many Tnet members here in the states have actually gotten back to the 1500s. Just my own curiosity more then anything else
Well aren't all ancient coins dug in the US amazing and rare as well :icon_scratch: I wasn't referring to what we dig here, after all the fields are loaded here, you just have to walk on with a detector.

SS

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why didn't you just make it all ancient coins as well :icon_scratch: been plenty of Roman coins posted on T.Net, and evidence of context on the web. If I remember right IP has seen a Eddy hammered dug also (13thc)

SS

Yeah I always say 1300s, but think Cru said 13th century. Pretty old for here!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know!! I definitely will get my picture skills sharped this winter..And SS. Is right, you should of included are brothers on the other side...Thats just not right..

Oh **** up you little trouble starter lol! You know why I posted this. It's about the button king coin. I LOVE all of our friends across the pond. And hell I'm happy to see all those ancient coins. But I'm wondering just how hard it is to dig back to the 16th century. Go back to sleep George

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well aren't all ancient coins dug in the US amazing and rare as well :icon_scratch: I wasn't referring to what we dig here, after all the fields are loaded here, you just have to walk on with a detector.

SS

I had no idea people were digging coins older than that in the states. So I stand corrected and welcome all earlier coins. My bad

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SS

If I had known that people on Tnet were digging up coins in the US that were earlier than the 16th century I would have said and earlier. I guess I should have anyway. But I had no idea this was the case as I have very rarely seen them from the 1500s. So thanks for the lesson. Now I know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread