Best Finds...So Far...

NcHillbilly

Jan 17, 2015
Pitt County, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to metal detecting, just got my first machine (ACE 250) for my birthday in Sept. Still, I've found some really cool stuff mostly in my own yard.

First, this hoe head came out of my garden.
1.jpg

Then, at an abandoned home a few miles away I found these old shotgun shells. The Winchester was manufactured between 1894 and 1904, the Remington stopped manufacturing in 1937.
1.jpg 1.jpg

At that same spot I found this hubcap, it's off a 1930ish Hudson Terraplane which is the old gangster type car.
1.jpg

Back in my own front yard I found this Union Eagle "C" button.
1.jpg

Then today I found this watch fob from the 1907 Jamestown Exposition, also right in my own front yard.
1.jpg

And if digging up all that history wasn't enough, I found this Silver Bullet around Christmas...
1.jpg

Not bad for a few months in the hobby...can't wait to see what I pull up next!

Last edited:
Upvote 6

cojo

Nov 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like the watch fob. Very ornate!

Still.....it DOES take second fiddle to the beer!!!! :laughing7:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's really neat for your own yard.
(Then) Gangster car Terraplane. (Now) GangstA car Honda Civic. The new bad guys have no moxie.
There will come a time when you won't want to see another shot shell casing. HH.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds. I like that grubbing hoe.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to metal detecting, just got my first machine (ACE 250) for my birthday in Sept. Still, I've found some really cool stuff mostly in my own yard.

First, this hoe head came out of my garden.
View attachment 1108144

Then, at an abandoned home a few miles away I found these old shotgun shells. The Winchester was manufactured between 1894 and 1904, the Remington stopped manufacturing in 1937.
View attachment 1108146 View attachment 1108147

At that same spot I found this hubcap, it's off a 1930ish Hudson Terraplane which is the old gangster type car.
View attachment 1108148

Back in my own front yard I found this Union Eagle "C" button.
View attachment 1108149

Then today I found this watch fob from the 1907 Jamestown Exposition, also right in my own front yard.
View attachment 1108151

And if digging up all that history wasn't enough, I found this Silver Bullet around Christmas...
View attachment 1108155

Not bad for a few months in the hobby...can't wait to see what I pull up next!

That is a great bunch of finds. Ironically, the second time I went out with someone, he found the same watch fob. In case you didn't know, 1907 was also the year the world's fair was held in what is now Naval Base Norfolk. I'm working on researching what countries had representatives there (I think it was a significant number of different countries). Great piece!!

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all that fun you couldn't get a REAL Beer? LOL
Lite Beer, for real? Nice finds!
Research is the way to proceed for additional information.
Good luck and if you get a shot of going back over that property go over it very slowly and listen for very faint signals.
DIG EVERY Signal as you need to clear out all the junk as it might be masking some good deep and small items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions