Found Levi P Mortons will and papers...Vice President under B Harrisson

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found Levi P Morton's will and papers...Vice President under B Harrisson

Good night,

Well i am not sure that the forum loves stories like that but hey, i have to tell it.....

It Began last year. A contact of mine told me that a man had a lot of old papers he wanted to get rid off...So he introduce me to the man, i finally get the complete lot...41 boxes + filling cabinets full....

I sorted some of the items as they had stickers on them. I got a lot of Railway document, Wells Fargo and very old Steamship and air documents....i sold some and kept those with original autographs....just in case....

SPORTS MEMORABILIA.....In those 4 boxes that i am still sorting out i found all sports related items.
1- A complete Hockey Collection....Lord Stanley related...dating from 1878 to 1908 with original Lord Stanley letter and his first program (1889)..you know...The Stanley cup Man...lol
2- A collection of football memorabilia with an autograph from 1884 from The Montreal Football Club and season tickets unused from 1957 and an incredible ticket from The 1944 Tea bowl in London just before D-Day..Canada Army Mustangs vs USA Army C.B.S. Pirates in mint condition also unused...
3- I cannot count the quantity of autographs in those boxes but to give you an idea tonight i Found papers from the Estate and the will of Levi P Morton also signed by William Cornelius Van Horne, autographs of Grenville Mellen Dodge, Edward J Berwing, William W Cook, Harry Payne Whytney (Kentuky Derby Winner), William E.S. Griswold, Frank K Sturgis Pres. of the Madison Square Garden in the 1920's), Henry W Bull (Battle of Guasimas 1898), August Belmont Jr (Belmont Stakes)....and more...

****Who is John P Grier**** it says related to horse racing on the file ????

Thanks

Upvote 3

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no expert but the Stanley related stuff could be a gold mine , and I imagine it would be an easier research than some of the other
pieces you mentioned . Keep us posted on what you find out - interesting finds !

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, here's for you....Hockey Fans.....

The first proof of Lord Stanley implication in the Hockey world....in a superb program from Montreal...1889, of course it had to be mint ..lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a Lord Stanley letter and other items I would be finding a professional asap. You may well some some extremely valuable items on your hands. Heritage Auctions is a big sports auction company. But I would contact an expert to identify exactly what you have. Be extremely careful with the letters and such. Man that's some cool stuff

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
F.K. STURGIS, President of the New York Stock Exchange.....ho and the Madison Square Garden !!!!

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Two Stanley Autograph....one Enveloppe signed as Derby When he was Earl of Derby and one as Stanley.....in a full letter

If you have a Lord Stanley letter and other items I would be finding a professional asap. You may well some some extremely valuable items on your hands. Heritage Auctions is a big sports auction company. But I would contact an expert to identify exactly what you have. Be extremely careful with the letters and such. Man that's some cool stuff

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would contact Classic Auctions as it appears that they have sold that program in 2007 and handled similar items in the past. I think you have some very special items there

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i found that to.....but the 2007 was missing pages...incomplete but in good condition...This it not the same program, its a version no one have seen before, it never came up before...I went to the Mc Cord Museum where the have everything you could possibly find on the Montreal W Carnival and they to never saw that version sponsored by the Grand Trunk...but it sold for a chunk in 2007 hihihi

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes! Bring that Lord Stanley stuff up north...people will hand you buckets of money!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i found that to.....but the 2007 was missing pages...incomplete but in good condition...This it not the same program, its a version no one have seen before, it never came up before...I went to the Mc Cord Museum where the have everything you could possibly find on the Montreal W Carnival and they to never saw that version sponsored by the Grand Trunk...but it sold for a chunk in 2007 hihihi

Yeah I would prob get in touch with a hockey expert at heritage. You've got some great stuff there.

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Document.....August Belmont JR.....Belmont Stakes...

Now, This document....someone told me it was related to Lee Harvey Oswald !!!!! Mrs. William E.S. Griswold....maried to Evelyn Sloane....?

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: Wow! Treasure trove! Sorting through it as you've been doing would be a high point for anyone, just wonderful. :notworthy: Andi

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK................BOX OF NLH STUFF...FULL OF AUTOGRAPHS...AND A FUNNY PIECE OF CLOTHE......lol
MONTREAL FORUM BARTENDER OR IF YOU WILL BARMAN USHER'S JACKET...THIS IS REALLY NICE IN PERSON..LOOKS LIKE FROM THE 1960'S

Did i say 385 Nhl autographs.....5 Bobby Orr, 3 Maurice Richerd, 8 Béliveau, 2 Dryden, 4 Bobby Hull.. bla bla bla...lol

A very old square basseball card ``Big League Chewing gum `` ???? Joe Cronin no.46 ??
The Habs jacket was folded and placed in a wrap, it was a nice surprise for sure....
I wont open any more boxes, i will sort those before, it's just to mutch to handle at once...

StormSurge

Oct 6, 2011
S E Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man it's like you just fell into a museum! Or paid a handsome price for the museum! Either way looks like you got one!

OP
OP
B

bibitte2

Feb 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last two years have been like that, it seems that rare stuff is running after me...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions