buckle.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 654
Upvote 0

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
My vote is brass. Welcome to the site RK. You might consider posting this in "What Is It" section. HH~CO2

OP
OP
RKinOI

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004
I found this and another part of a buckle(Ithink), a quarter sized disk and two small rings. I only washed it off with water and all of the objects appear to be the same material. They were all found in a ten sq. ft. area about six in. deep in stinky mud on the banks of the cape fear river. i found lots of brass and copper fittings and such,they were bright but dull copper colored or brown (brass). I thought that if they were brass or copper they would be the same as the other brass and copper fittings.I'll try to get the other objects posted and you can compare.

J

Jim Cal

My guess is brass...sounds like an area likely to give up some good treasures. Stick with it and keep posting those photos. Jim Cal

OP
OP
RKinOI

RKinOI

Nov 18, 2004
Yep, its brass I had it tested. The strange thing is is that the two wedding bands are also brass. I didnt think anyone would use brass for a ring. Could the rings being brass and not silver or gold help determine a time period?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread