Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I have not even found that many zincolns and you find that many ancient silver coins!!! No fair!!! I love the greek silver coins you found, that first photo is also breathtaking.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not much for silver but those are Beautiful!! Outstanding! And Totally Amazing!! :notworthy:

OP
OP
Decebalus

Decebalus

Tenderfoot
Nov 16, 2010
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Detech Reacher
Unfortunatly the laws in Romania regarding the use of metal detectors are not very permisive. You can use the metal detector but anything you find that is older than 100 years must be entrusted in 72 hours to a museum. Nothing belongs to you. However you have the right to 30% of the valuation of the tresure(less then 25% after taxes)...so you remain mostly with the joy of admiring your find in a museum. The truth is it has been 18 months since the discovery and i havent seen a penny so far...that`s Romania. You have to fight hard for your rights.

Last edited:

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats guys , absolutely awesome recoveries , every detectorists dream , well done ..cheers Mick

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, see ya fellas, I'm off to Romania!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunatly the laws in Romania regarding the use of metal detectors are not very permisive. You can use the metal detector but anything you find that is older than 100 years must be entrusted in 72 hours to a museum. Nothing belongs to you. However you have the right to 30% of the valuation of the tresure(less then 25% after taxes)...so you remain mostly with the joy of admiring your find in a museum. The truth is it has been 18 months since the discovery and i havent seen a penny so far...that`s Romania. You have to fight hard for your rights.

Well hopefully they will give you your share of the find. Especially now since it has a world wide audience to admire it.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is absolutely unfair. I sure hope he "dropped" a few of those coins on the way back to the truck. Yeah more I think about it.....that ticks me off. I'm callin' Romania.

What's their number? They are going to give that man his 30%.

They do not want a worked up redneck from Texas on the phone.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Stupefying find. I am utterly gobsmacked. Thanks so much for sharing this with Tnet. As far as your cut, I am sure that God himself will see to it that you get your share one way or another.

frogmaster-riviera

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2014
Greece, French Riviera, Switzerland, North Italy
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Excalibur IIS, Sea Hunter MK II, Ebinger Seacon, Quest Pro, XP Deus, Deteknix Quest Pro, Makro Pointer, Xpointer diver & Wader
Primary Interest:
Other
Hopefully you don't share everything on this forum! Don't tell everyone how's the European soil is full of treasures...:thumbsup:

Great find and spectacular banner!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing! Congrats my friend. It's a real bummer that you just put in all of that hard work to make these amazing discoveries and now you have to fight like crazy to just get a small cut that gets taxed like crazy. Id like to say I'm surprised but im not at all. If you find another one maybe you should keep it and tell the govt they already got their share with the first two :laughing7: just kidding I would never condone anything illegal :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread