DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a rainy day and not much going on here, so I thought i would post these.I found these relics here in V.A. some years back. They are from the battle of Spotsylvania.The dagger I think goes back much earlier,how early I don't know.Because of where the dagger was found,I think there is a strong possibility a Confederate soldier could have been using it as a side knife.The bayonets I believe one went to a Enfield rifle and the other a Springfield.They are the only complete bayonets I have found. 003.JPG 009.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool bud! That dagger is really interesting. Does that style give you clues to its age? I'm pretty clueless about this stuff.

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds, you seem to turn up some really interesting stuff!

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool bud! That dagger is really interesting. Does that style give you clues to its age? I'm pretty clueless about this stuff.
my fault with the late response Ahab,I forgot about the thread.I am not sure of its age myself.I am thinking because of its intricately forged guard,might be colonial or earlier?,it is a somewhat unusual design.Somebody mentioned awhile back that i might need to get a piece of its the steel carbon dated to really know for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread