~~~first silver with ctx and its not a coin~~~

swingbot

Jan 27, 2012
central Ca.
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out with my friend Tularetokens/Tim and it the old lots.
Tim got a chauffeurs badge and a Merc.
I thought that for sure I'd end up with a Rose or a Merc as my first silver but no, I got a sterling silver spoon. Maybe that's a good sign.
lol.gif
The ring looks to be silver but no markings.
no.gif
the big round thing appears to me a watch fob with the loop broke off.
no.gif

HH guys.

Attachments

• silver spoon and  ring.jpg
    silver spoon and ring.jpg
    696.6 KB · Views: 114
  • fob.jpg
    fob.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 1

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What?, I am surprised that is your first. I let my friend borrow my CTX and he found his first and second silver and first Buffalo Nickel in the first hour. The second silver was a Barber and Buffalo Spill.

I would love to find a neat silver spoon like that. I found an ornate silver spoon handle last year and a turn-of -the-century, plan, small silver spoon last year, but not both together.

Last edited:

oldsurfer

Feb 22, 2015
Florida West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur, Whites Coinmaster Classic III (oldie!), Bounty Hunter Land Tracker, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! That silver spoon is sweet - I've found all kinds of spoons (& other flatware!), but no silver ones yet! Very cool :thumbsup:

OP
OP
swingbot

swingbot

Jan 27, 2012
central Ca.
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got some nice treasure! Congratulation!

Got out with my friend Tularetokens/Tim and it the old lots.
Tim got a chauffeurs badge and a Merc.
I thought that for sure I'd end up with a Rose or a Merc as my first silver but no, I got a sterling silver spoon. Maybe that's a good sign.
lol.gif
The ring looks to be silver but no markings.
no.gif
the big round thing appears to me a watch fob with the loop broke off.
no.gif

HH guys.

Nice finds!

What?, I am surprised that is your first. I let my friend borrow my CTX and he found his first and second silver and first Buffalo Nickel in the first hour. The second silver was a Barber and Buffalo Spill.

I would love to find a neat silver spoon like that. I found an ornate silver spoon handle last year and a turn-of -the-century, plan, small silver spoon last year, but not both together.

Nice! That silver spoon is sweet - I've found all kinds of spoons (& other flatware!), but no silver ones yet! Very cool :thumbsup:
Thanks guys for the postings.. I hope to find some silver coins now. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread