My best coin yet!! Old stone wall yields beautiful coin!

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Uploaded better photos!!! Hey guys I usually post in today's finds but haven't in quite sometime. Although lately life has been filled with many silvers and Indians. I've always been a huge history buff and have been doing a lot of research of where I live and it goes back to the 1600s...anyways let's get started!
So yesterday my detecting buddy asked me to fix his car and then we were going to go detecting on the quads for a while. Well needless to say we didn't have the right tools for the job so three hours later my buddy had to get some sleep(nightshift) and couldn't go detecting. I already had my quad packed because I rode it to his house packed so I decided I would go without him. There are many trails from my house to his but I took the usual route. On my way back I saw a where a stone wall divided two different properties in the woods. I happen to have permission to be on the properties so I parked off the trail and suited up.
First off let me start this off by saying I've only recently started really detecting stonewalls. When I started a few years back I never had any luck at all just garbage.
Once I got suited up I started towards the wall and pulled 2 shotgun shells or I should say remains of shells. I made my way to the corner and BOOM!! Barbed wire. Go figure more junk. So I made my way past the buried barbed wire to the corner. All the sudden I hear it again but with a a loud screaming 82-83 on the AT. Thank god for target separation. The object was between 2"-4" on the screen so I figured it was probably a piece of copper pipe or aluminum . Well needless to say I carefully removed the dirt and I could see "ONE DIME". Ok great a barber I'll take it. I flip it over and I see the seat ! It is a 1876-cc seated liberty dime!!! Nice but why is it so white and I look closer and the detail is AMAZING!!! I didn't wipe the dirt off I just put it in my cotton ball container and went home. I went home and didn't rub it or wash it I just ran it under slow running water as the most of the dirt came off itself and i let it air dry. I put it in a 2x2 making sure there was nothing abrasive that would damage the coin on the coin.
I'd like some input on the coin although the pictures are a little blurry I can see very fine detail down to her eyes her hair it looks as if there are not worn spots on the coin at all. I could see the all the detail on the leaves and every corn kernel.The edge is extremely crisp too. I'm wonderig why the coin is so white and clean too I found a lot of silver coins since I've been doing this but never found anything the color of this. There are very minor scratches on the flat parts of the seated lady but they are old and that's under 30-60x magnification. I'm considering having it professional cleaned and graded. Like I said you can see all detail but pictures it's tough to see. The last few pictures are the best!!Please feel free to give me input and criticism. Thanks for reading this is what I consider my best find so far this year because of the detail it looks AU!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430357961.412447.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430357979.530430.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430357995.713857.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430358015.049936.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 18
OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think I could wait either Frank I'm pumped! I wish I could show u the coin in person it's beautiful.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want a seated so bad!:laughing7: Super find and great pictures!!! :notworthy:

OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your first seated will come when ur not expecting it I promise!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hot damn Digger that's a fine looking coin, such,such,detail,vanzutphen

OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you it's so much better in person. I may have it graded.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet dime there, would love to find one that nice out here !! :occasion14:

OP
OP
NEPADIGGER7

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found it right outside "downtown" lehman PA

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Digger7 I bet your in heaven with that coin find ,vanzutphen