I Finally Found Something of Value!

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A coworker of mine invited me to join him to detect a local park yesterday. We split from work a couple hours early to make our quick hunt fit our day. He's found liberty and Roosevelt dimes in this park in the past, as well as one walking liberty half in the past. It was nice to go with him so he could show me the ground he's already combed given we have the same detector and coil. Anyway, he and I split up and I found some clad coins in my first hour as usual. Then I finally hit a better signal. I dug a plug and out popped a silver ring from only 3 inches down! I was very excited and pleased to have finally found something other than clad coins. We ended our hunt about an hour later without finding anything other than clad, but I was happy :)

Good luck out there everyone!

Upvote 7

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! Silver rings always a nice find!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sliver, in any form, is always exciting. It sure makes putting up with clad just a little easier.

Dirty Genu

Apr 5, 2013
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX 4500 - AT Max - MXT All Pro - SOV GT - ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. I hope it is the first of many to come. Now you know it does happen.

OP
OP
bertmaster2000

bertmaster2000

Dec 19, 2013
Northern US
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I detected another park today where my buddy has found a few silver coins in the past. I hit a great signal that indicated it may have been a half dollar. My buddy found a walker at this spot in the past...my find turned out to be a 1953 license plate buried about 4 inches down! Oh well, it was still exciting :)

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver ring save ! :occasion14:

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those darn half or dollar signals that turn out to be something else, a license plate in your case, used to get me so excited hahaha, now after 2 years plus of detecting without finding my 1st silver half or dollar coin, when, and IF I ever do find a BIG silver coin, it will come as a total suprise, and probably a major shock to me if I ever finally do find one! Until then, we just have to keep the faith and know that others can not have found ALL of them and there is still at least one (of each type hopefully!) out there with our names on it! Until then it gives us something to keep swinging the coil for!

Once you've found your 1st silver and/or gold, clad will nevery have much significance again, at least it sure hasn't for me! There's just something special about a metal that comes out of the ground with more history, and especially that's still shiney after all those years that gets our blood pumping. Here's hoping that we both find ours soon! GL&HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread