400 Yr Aztec Cult Ring?

Louie02

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aztec Cult Ring found in Los Angles park 50 years ago. Top of ring image is the Aztec God Tlalteuctli/Quetzalcoatl and sides have two helmeted soldiers. Believe this was a cult of the Aztec's that believed Cortes was the returning God Quetzalcoatl. Ring looks as if it was casted in sand. Top and side images look as if it is gold, but when tested, shown it was not gold, but has not tarnished over the years. This might be the early native metal mixture called "Tumbaga". Any suggestions. ring3.jpg ring2.jpg ring1.jpg ring.jpg

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Louie02

Louie02

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bfloydd4445;
It is one piece and was found by my wife with a metal detector at a LA park over 50 years ago. Still trying to find the correlation between the side and top images. At this point no one has ever seen anything like it. Thanks for the comments.
Regards,
Marsh

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Hi bfloydd4445;
It is one piece and was found by my wife with a metal detector at a LA park over 50 years ago. Still trying to find the correlation between the side and top images. At this point no one has ever seen anything like it. Thanks for the comments.
Regards,
Marsh

First of all you need to start with the metal and discern WHAT it is constructed out of. This will tell you a lot. Certainly any trained jeweler could tell you. Appears bronze to me.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's one that's pretty close - on the right. Listed as a "Mexican Biker's Ring" of the 1950's.

IMG_5937.JPG

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AZTEC SUN GOD RING?????????????????????????????????????????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread