RING: 81 Diamonds in a 585 (14K) White Gold Setting - Found with ACE 350

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this in a city park about 4.5 inches down. My son was with me, and it was an amazing experience! We ended up going to a jeweler straight from the park, and it was confirmed all the diamonds are real. The three main stones have a very unique cut, with a 6 facet top, visible in the expanded view of the ring. Initial evaluations placed the stones at white and nearly white in clarity (there's NO yellowing in the stones, visible that I could tell... any color you see in the photo is due to the fact I took it in a colorful Mexican Restaurant, on a paper napkin using an iPhone! [you can actually see the lights of the restaurant's ceiling near the hallmark!]). The only occlusions I could note in the 20X microscope were pinpoints in the main stones. Each diamond is prong inserted (normal for high quality jewelry), and all larger stones have openings beneath to capture light. In the sunlight, this ring just DAZZLES!

Due diligence was performed: lost and found ads were searched, the city was called, Parks and Rec was called, and Lost and Found was called. In the end, I was explicitly told I could keep the ring, due to the depth of the find and lack of any reported losses. The conversation even ended with "Good luck hunting!" (The city is clearly very metal detectorist friendly!)

Jeweler estimates put the ring value between $4K to $6K, but suggested the price could be much higher, given the cuts of the stones. I did not opt for a full appraisal.

Enjoy!

Skippy
Photo Removed. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 27

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet Jesus, I'm blinded!! Very, Very Nice!!

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I would fall over if I found something like that! If that doesn't get you a banner, nothing will LOL :headbang:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IT DOENT MEAN A THING IF IT DOSENT HAVE THE BLING. BLING HAEL , THING WLL BLIND YOU.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its hard enough just finding a ring with real diamonds of any count out here ! :occasion14:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool beans man:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:...proves again..it's there,all you have to do is look for it.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool beans man:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:...proves again..it's there,all you have to do is look for it.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Ain't that the TRUTH...

Another Truth... if you're not digging pull tab signals, you'll not find stuff like this. LOL

This one did NOT give any indication of gold rings... just rang up light pull tab. I have a habit of digging them all though (this is my 7th gold ring this year!), and imagine my surprise... I still thought it was costume jewelry when it popped out. I NEVER expected this... My favorite name for it from this forum... "Ice Storm." 'bout sums it up!

Still having a blast with this ring... In fact, it was such a big find, that 2 days later when I returned to the park to finish off searching all pull-tab signals, when I found another 14K gold band (plain), it was a let down that it didn't have dazzle. LOL Wow, how things get relative, fast!

Skippy

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
That is one amazing find! Congratulations!!!

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a beauty that is! Nice to see finds that pay off like real treasure! Congrats!!!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's practically the find of a lifetime.
Congratufreakinlations.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big time congrats to you Skippy. I would be afraid to post something like that.
You really need to get a good pair of "Ray-Bans" with a sparkler like that lol
:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
S

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's practically the find of a lifetime.
Congratufreakinlations.

I fear it will be. 6 months into detecting, and I peaked. LOL I do my level best to beat it though!

There's always the next beep...

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Very Very Nice! I can imagine how your heart felt when you popped it out of the ground! I will find one too someday! WTG! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread