I found platinum in curry county oregon

OP
OP
rickyporter18@yahoo.com
Jul 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's everywhere here I can't help but find it there's so many mineral resources here I don't understand why it's not on the map for being so mineral rich here

OP
OP
rickyporter18@yahoo.com
Jul 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437706017.513681.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1437706037.814261.jpg

OP
OP
rickyporter18@yahoo.com
Jul 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is got gold platinum nickel iron silver it's very rich with platinum

OP
OP
rickyporter18@yahoo.com
Jul 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a very heavy large chuck of rock with huge peridot Qrystals in it

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool!!! I
....am very interested. I was born and bred in Curry county!!!
I'm still here........

OP
OP
rickyporter18@yahoo.com
Jul 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm living in brookings and I can't believe this place isn't well known I can't go a day without finding some valuable mineral

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm living in brookings and I can't believe this place isn't well known I can't go a day without finding some valuable mineral

I have been in Brookings 'cents 1965 (i was born here)
I guess I'm not gettin' out enough?:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:
You better not be punkin' me damnit!!!:laughing7:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I found nuggets and various platinum bearing ores along with gold jade jasper silver peridot garnets agates and Quartz it is mineral Heavon here!!!!! But I'm having a problem finding a way to process and or sell the platinum

First, you should probably make contact with an Assayer or several and have some of the specimens assayed. They will hopefully know of a Metal Smelting Company and can advise who to take it to. If the specimens are as rich as you say and the Smelter is interested in your' ore, then all that is left is to file a Claim if on NF or BLM Lands or an agreement with the property owner if on private land, then make a contract with the Smelter to smelt the ore and what is your' percentage of the take (which you will likely have to share with the property owner if on private land).

Frank

OP
OP
rickyporter18@yahoo.com
Jul 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been in Brookings 'cents 1965 (i was born here)
I guess I'm not gettin' out enough?:icon_scratch::icon_scratch:
You better not be punkin' me damnit!!!:laughing7:

So excited bout these pieces can't wait to get the process started on them if there is enough platinum and or gold it could put brooking on the map

goldandbill

Dec 2, 2013
Gold Beach,OR
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 7 and Mine Lab Eureka
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of our area streams and winter time freshets flowing into the ocean are gold and platinum bearing.I sluice them in the winter-time and recover a enough to make it worth the effort.Some are better for platinum than others. Reading thru the old mining reports can give some insight. Most of the streams flowing into the ocean between Brookings and Gold Beach will produce one or the other or both.
I live in Gold Beach, OR. and work the winter beaches a lot.
You might try crushing your rocks then screen and pan the results.This might help to sort the minerals.Check out our book on Ebay- seller tokenandcoin, or search under books for Oregon gold.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting finds. Your peridot bearing stone has what looks like a fusion crust. Are you sure its not olivine? You might have a meteorite.

Billinoregon

May 3, 2012
Sweetwater, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That part of Oregon is indeed rich in minerals -- not just the Chetco drainage but of course the Rogue and especially the Illinois as well.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks pretty cool

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found nuggets and various platinum bearing ores along with gold jade jasper silver peridot garnets agates and Quartz it is mineral Heavon here!!!!! But I'm having a problem finding a way to process and or sell the platinum
================================================
SHHHHHHHHHHH,,,,, no need to disclose this,,,,just say what ya found,,, not where ya got it.
NICE WORK though,,,hopefully your dreams have come true now.
Get an assayer,,,start researching claims,,,get your maps out and I do hope you have a good lawyer on retainer also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread