Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my most exciting find ever from metal detecting for all these years, and I had to have it mounted. I went to Joann's Fabrics with my wonderful wife (yes, although somewhat uncomfortable, I walked around Joann's Fabrics confident with my "feminine side"). I picked out a shadowbox-like display that I thought would fit nicely with the eagle. It took me so long to find some trout fly leader line to loop through the back to hold it in place. I also went to Office Max to get the blue background paper. Anyway, the result is hanging in my living room with my own personal banner. I have searched and searched the internet for a similar piece in its condition and have come up with nothing.
DSC01623.JPG
aj

Upvote 19

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congrats my friend! :thumbsup:

The blue background looks amazing!

Dave

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking sharp

etex

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Longview, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks nice, you could have gotten some fabric while you were there and used it for the back

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people only knew how much we respect the items that we dig! Nice recovery and display, good job!

gheenoe78

Nov 21, 2014
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks great. These finds deserve to be displayed rather than sit in drawers. Love it.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AJJ GLAD YOU TOOK THAT RELIC AND PUT IT IN A SHADOW BOX , LOOKS REALLY NICE ..........

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job and a most appropriate display for an excellent find. A find like that should be seen and admired. I'd hate to think of similar finds left in a Tupperware container stuffed in a closet.

OP
OP
ajaj

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks nice, you could have gotten some fabric while you were there and used it for the back

Agreed! I may do that in the future, maybe a slightly darker blue fabric (Oh my, I'm sounding like an interior designer). A neighbor offered $100 for it, but declined respectfully.

I really believe that our finds should be displayed for all to enjoy; the conversations that are started are really amazing. Oh, here's a hint for displaying stuff; go to Bed, Bath, & Beyond (I prefer Beyond, ask anyone) and get a bamboo cutlery tray. You can come up with myriads of ways to display buttons, coins, horse tack, spoons, etc., etc. I'm working on a way now to display individual buttons using plastic sports cards holders with the snap-lid and posterboard. I shall post when (and if) it works.

aj

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. I can appreciate your display as that is what I do with a lot of my finds. It just seems right to do them justice ( & show them off to our friends ). Nice job.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely beautiful display for a great find. I agree with Antiquarian about your choice of color...perfect!

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Great find great display. Do you start twiching when you see your display. The inner voice starts going beep beeep beeeeee im goin swingin eeeep. Congrats

sent from a sending device

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Turned out great, thanks for sharing photos with us!

I will admit with 100% confidence that i enjoy the whole 'arts & crafts' thing while putting together displays for my finds... Acid-free fabric shopping and all, haha.

~Tejaas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread