ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'Teams Gold Coin Collection...

This is Cru'Dad & I's total collection of gold coins. Roughly speaking I found 70% of them. I still remember as a kid when I joined this great hobby & all I wanted to find was just 1 Celtic Gold. However, it took at least 20 years to get my first, but everyone is a golden memory!
One such memory is the 1777 Guinea that Cru'Dad found. He went on a short weekend caravanning holiday & decided to take along the detector. On arriving he asked the owner if he could have a quick go around his land & the OK was given. After a couple of hours of digging the usual junk he got 1 last signal before it was too dark to see. With very little enthusiasm he dug what he knew would be another piece of junk, only to be faced with that little beauty. The landowner was more than surprised/grateful when Cru'dad showed him & offered him more cash to keep it, than they had spent on the weekend pitch....lol
UPDATE:
Just added this one!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...g-but-celtic-gold-popped-out.html#post4727206

Note to self, need to update with these:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/508542-cru-dad-s-australian-gold.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...e-roman-silver-gold-hammered.html#post5140050

Attachments

• Gold Coins - 27 Sep 15.JPG
    Gold Coins - 27 Sep 15.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 1,470
  • Gold Coins- 27 Sep 15.JPG
    Gold Coins- 27 Sep 15.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 1,294
Last edited:
Upvote 84

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite impressive. I think of how excited I was at finding my first gold ring. Even one of these old coins would be the find of a lifetime for most of us. Thanks for sharing your amazing collection!

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit that finds like that make all of the tea and crumpet business worth it.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit that finds like that make all of the tea and crumpet business worth it.

Plenty of Tea, not so much of the crumpet. Although sexist people call women Crumpets? Is that what you meant?:laughing7:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Dear lord in heaven........I had never seen this until Buckleboy turned me on to it. I'm speechless but driven to stay the course and soon find one of my own.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would need a case of pampers

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Amazing, congratulations on some fine work.
I still think my first is just around the corner.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: You and Cru'dad have an incredible collection!! Do you do a gold dance??

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: You and Cru'dad have an incredible collection!! Do you do a gold dance??
Not so much, but we both make it pretty clear whats going on....

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Cru,

The only more extensive group of gold coin finds I recall seeing was found by a detectorist in the Northwestern US....I believe I might have a picture on my PC if I can find it I'll pm it to you.

Regards + HH

Bill

If you find the pic, how 'bout you share it with all of us? I can't imagine a better collection than the one Cru has just shared! I'm sittin' here flabbergasted, bumfuzzled, mousebound, and jigganeezed!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible find ! I just clicked on the group gold shot - Oh My ! I'd probably make a wall poster from that ..Happy Christmas !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions