ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'Teams Gold Coin Collection...

This is Cru'Dad & I's total collection of gold coins. Roughly speaking I found 70% of them. I still remember as a kid when I joined this great hobby & all I wanted to find was just 1 Celtic Gold. However, it took at least 20 years to get my first, but everyone is a golden memory!
One such memory is the 1777 Guinea that Cru'Dad found. He went on a short weekend caravanning holiday & decided to take along the detector. On arriving he asked the owner if he could have a quick go around his land & the OK was given. After a couple of hours of digging the usual junk he got 1 last signal before it was too dark to see. With very little enthusiasm he dug what he knew would be another piece of junk, only to be faced with that little beauty. The landowner was more than surprised/grateful when Cru'dad showed him & offered him more cash to keep it, than they had spent on the weekend pitch....lol
UPDATE:
Just added this one!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...g-but-celtic-gold-popped-out.html#post4727206

Note to self, need to update with these:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/508542-cru-dad-s-australian-gold.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...e-roman-silver-gold-hammered.html#post5140050

Attachments

• Gold Coins - 27 Sep 15.JPG
    Gold Coins - 27 Sep 15.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 1,469
  • Gold Coins- 27 Sep 15.JPG
    Gold Coins- 27 Sep 15.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 1,293
Last edited:
Upvote 84

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find the pic, how 'bout you share it with all of us? I can't imagine a better collection than the one Cru has just shared! I'm sittin' here flabbergasted, bumfuzzled, mousebound, and jigganeezed!
I'd like to see an updated picture of the Cru Team gold collection. The only more extensive collection I've see of individually found gold coins were found by a detectorist in Utah who was hunting the encampments of Albert Sidney Johnston's troops who were there in 1857/58 to put down the Mormon uprising. This guy found a large number (far exceeding the Cru Team) of US gold coins of various denominations. But that collection doesn't match Cru Teams for variety and date range.

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
inspirational !!!!

vp

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crusader. Great Great finds there’s so much history

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
again simply incredible and inspiring - wow !!!!

vp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread