ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru'Teams Gold Coin Collection...

This is Cru'Dad & I's total collection of gold coins. Roughly speaking I found 70% of them. I still remember as a kid when I joined this great hobby & all I wanted to find was just 1 Celtic Gold. However, it took at least 20 years to get my first, but everyone is a golden memory!
One such memory is the 1777 Guinea that Cru'Dad found. He went on a short weekend caravanning holiday & decided to take along the detector. On arriving he asked the owner if he could have a quick go around his land & the OK was given. After a couple of hours of digging the usual junk he got 1 last signal before it was too dark to see. With very little enthusiasm he dug what he knew would be another piece of junk, only to be faced with that little beauty. The landowner was more than surprised/grateful when Cru'dad showed him & offered him more cash to keep it, than they had spent on the weekend pitch....lol
UPDATE:
Just added this one!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...g-but-celtic-gold-popped-out.html#post4727206

Note to self, need to update with these:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/508542-cru-dad-s-australian-gold.html
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...e-roman-silver-gold-hammered.html#post5140050

Attachments

• Gold Coins - 27 Sep 15.JPG
    Gold Coins - 27 Sep 15.JPG
    482.4 KB · Views: 1,469
  • Gold Coins- 27 Sep 15.JPG
    Gold Coins- 27 Sep 15.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 1,293
Last edited:
Upvote 84

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V?ery nice grouping, covering many centuries too. I am assuming that
There were lots more that were sold or given to landowners that didn't make it into this pic:occasion14:

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cru Team!! CONGRATS!! Really Nice Finds!! Obviously some Really Ancient Pieces!! GORGEOUS!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
V?ery nice grouping, covering many centuries too. I am assuming that
There were lots more that were sold or given to landowners that didn't make it into this pic:occasion14:

No this is my lifetimes collection of gold coins, I find them impossible to be parted from. We have spent a lot of money to keep them. Some take the cash, some just let us have them.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cru Team!! CONGRATS!! Really Nice Finds!! Obviously some Really Ancient Pieces!! GORGEOUS!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

The top left are the oldest & are from the time of Julius Caesar's Gallic Wars circa 55BC & were minted in France to pay the largest Gallic army every raised.

The thin gold Medieval types are the hardest to find.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cru,

That's one impressive collection of gold coins.....most people don't even find one during their detecting.

Regards + HH

Bill

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a sweet collection, lots of history and you have lucky to have found more thatn one happy hunting

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru,

That's one impressive collection of gold coins.....most people don't even find one during their detecting.

Regards + HH

Bill

Yeap, believe it or not there are still plenty of UK hunters looking for their first.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cru,

The only more extensive group of gold coin finds I recall seeing was found by a detectorist in the Northwestern US....I believe I might have a picture on my PC if I can find it I'll pm it to you.

Regards + HH

Bill

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an incredible group and makes just as good of a picture!

S

stefen

Yeap, believe it or not there are still plenty of UK hunters looking for their first.

Then you read about someone who is a newby and finds a million dollar cache in his first 5 minutes in the field...::BangHead::BangHead:

Just for international relations I willingly give 50% of my pull tab collection for one gold coin...

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Then you read about someone who is a newby and finds a million dollar cache in his first 5 minutes in the field...::BangHead::BangHead:

Just for international relations I willingly give 50% of my pull tab collection for one gold coin...

Yeap, read lots of that type of story, makes you sick.....lol

BavariaJeff

May 20, 2015
Seoul, Korea
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome gold coin collection Crusader! It took me 32 years to find my first gold coin (1787 George III Half Guinea)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible collection of finds. For us stateside hunters over here in NYC,,, finding just one GOLD COIN would be like finding the Holy Grail.
Thanks for sharing your good fortune

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread