Best find ever, and it was in my own backyard.......

Auba14

Jun 17, 2015
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rsz_sam_0243.jpg

Sorry if the picture is a little blurred. Not as steady as I used to be. Found this right next to a paver patio we installed the year we moved into the house. The House was built around the 1890's and I have also found a number of wheat cents but no silver to date. I know it's there just have to keep digging the "trash" to get to the good stuff.

Upvote 4
OP
OP
Auba14

Auba14

Jun 17, 2015
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry forgot to include was using the Compadre. Found this about 2 years ago. Oldest wheatie to date was a 1912. Really worn and in bad shape..........

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score! I use a Cibola. My house was built in 1976, so nothing old to find there, but I'm starting to branch out and ask for permission on older properties. No Wheaties or silver or any old coins for me yet.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From 1859 to 1864,, the Indian Head Penny was made of copper / nickel. From 1865 to 1909, the coins were made of bronze. That Copper Nickel penny probably gave off a nickle signal. Congrats on a nice find.

Last edited:

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live on Vancouver island BC, last night I found my first piece of "Treasure" too, a 1901 IHC.
Good job and keep the hunting up! you'll find that silver, I hope to as well!

abosco

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I wish I could search my backyard...it is a park. Has anyone here ever gone up to a random old house and asked permission to detect?

Dakotademon7

May 3, 2015
Smyrna Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign xs -2a Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great score! I use a Cibola. My house was built in 1976, so nothing old to find there, but I'm starting to branch out and ask for permission on older properties. No Wheaties or silver or any old coins for me yet.

Lol. I don't see that as being true. Nothing was on my property till the 1990's and I found a 1788 CT copper. My place is out in the country with a history of farm fields. Finding that coin made me realize wherever there's dirt , there could be history.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find I'm still looking for a 64 myself

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread