Update on My Gold and Silver, separated from each .

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

Attachments

• My Gold.JPG
    My Gold.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,125
  • My Silver and Coins.JPG
    My Silver and Coins.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 2,114
  • My Gold Center.JPG
    My Gold Center.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,942
  • My Gold Left Side.JPG
    My Gold Left Side.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 1,945
  • My Gold Right Side.JPG
    My Gold Right Side.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,915
  • My Gold Right Side 2.JPG
    My Gold Right Side 2.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,904
  • My Gold Left Side 2.JPG
    My Gold Left Side 2.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,866
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds there. You should get a pirate hat for all the booty you have collected. ;D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sitting here in a stance or am I hypnotized. W :o W those finds are so impressive. I simply love that bigger cross...a real beauty.

;) RR

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Thank all of you very much and I’m sorry for taking a long time to respond.

Where did you find the most of it? Beach?

Hi lgeolgeo.
Nope, all on dry land, parks and demolition sites like homes and apartments. Thanks.

HH

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
I think I just shorted out my computer with the drool leaking from my mouth viewing your treasures Ant. Wonderful and inspiring display and photos.

Is that a gold tooth in there too?

Great finds, congrats to you and keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Ant

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Thanks again everyone.

From DJ_Quinn:
'Dang Ant! That's a treasure trove if I've ever seen one! Any advice on were to go to hunt great finds like that?'

Hi DJ_Quinn.
I use an different machine than most others. I use a dedicated gold machine to hunt with but accordion to the manufacture it doubles as an excellent coin and relic machine as long as you don't minding digging a little trash (I took that part to heart). The Gold Bug 2 is the most sensitive machine on the market for small gold, I use the 10” coil on my setup.

Even machines like the DFX won't detect the small rings, bracelets and chains you see in the photo. I know, because I contemplated on purchasing one. But when I took some of my finds in to test it with, it wouldn't detect them. I'm not bashing the DFX, I stating what my experience was.

It takes a long time to learn the sounds that the GGB-2 emits. It works better on scrapes, demolitions, parks, campsites and the likes. One drawback other might point out is that at 71 kHz it lacks the depth that of other machines have. After the machine is learned, the depth it gets is acceptable in my opinion. The proof is in the pudding.

The only machine I've ever hunted with is the GB-2, that's all I know. What you see is what you get. I've sort of wavered away from parks and schools, but when I need a gold fix I hit the playgrounds.
Sometimes it pays off not to follow the same paradigm that everyone else is using. Some techniques may work better than others, but you'll never know unless you try different ones.

This is how I set up the GB-2 for hunting:
  • Both toggle switches in the middle position (Normal)
  • Sensitivity all the way up unless the machine won't balance but never below 8
  • At this point the volume and threshold on the machine should be off
  • I start with the volume all the way up on the earphones
  • Now I turn the volume all the way up on the GB-2
  • Then I turn the threshold on the machine up until I can barely hear a smooth tone or as smooth as you can get it
  • Now I turn down the headphones to a comfortable position (don't turn down the machine)
  • Now I'm ready to balance by pumping the coil 0” to 6” above the ground until the threshold tone is even
  • Now I'm ready to start hunting. When I hear a solid target I switch the machine to the Iron Identification mode and test it. If I get a positive response in ID mode as to the target not being iron, I dig it
Sorry writing such a long reply man.

Hi

From Bobbydoo:
"Is that a gold tooth in there too?"
Hi Bobbydoo.
Yeap, that's a white Gold crown/cap. As much gold as you find I'm sure you have much more than I have, thanks again Bobbydoo.
HH

D

DMBfan41

Goodness Gracious
Great stuff there!
You have Christmas and birthdays covered for years
if you decide to give them as gifts.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Antony WTG.Bling Bling Baby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions