Gold

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Here are some more rings I found over the last 3 yrs. I just recntly found the 1930 class ring in the pic. About 2 weeks ago. The rest are really old initial rings. I also think the small little band is from the 1800's. The ring with the big blue stone is a 1969 class ring in white gold. Every ring is different and it never gets old finding gold. For those who haven't found any yet keep digging foil and pulltabs. When you least expect it you'll be holding gold. Take care guys.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Gold Rings.jpg
    Gold Rings.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,102
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COOL, is that a CLASS RING upper Left ?

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. Yeah Jeff it is dated 1930 from a high school not to far away from were I live. I just dug that ring about 2 weeks ago. It range in a solid plus 44 on the dfx. Dug down 2.5 inches and there it was. Good luck guys.

HH Jeremy

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
What's up spotz. Thanks man. Yeah gold never gets old. Wish it was vice versa. Dig 100 gold rings to one pulltab. LoL we all can dream right. Take care man.

HH Jeremy

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Nice. I try to dig everything, Whenever I do I am rewarded with a little trinket. Gold especially jewelry can be anywhere on the scale.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi thanks for the replies all of you. Yeah gold will hit real low. I have found a few small rings with thin bands that read low foil range on the dfx. Like a plus 4 kinda like a nail hit. It may even hit the negatives. Or it can come in very strong and in the high forties. Depends alot on the size of the target.

Good Luck Guys Jeremy

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
That's a great collection... I know you dug a lot of pull tabs to have a nice collection like that. HH :)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks everyone. Yeah I've dug my share of tabs. I hit alot of area's though that there isn't tons of junk. I'm a woods hunter. I'd say on a ratio of 100 tabs to one gold ring. So I know when a month or so passes and I'm unloading pull tabs by the dozens that I am getting closer to finding some gold. I love finding gold. One day I want to have a collection of 100 gold rings. It's gonna take me 20 more years but time I have. I'm only 23 and want to build a nice collection of rings for a rainy day. Other than that the excitement of digging one last forever. Keep at it there out there. I have picked up gold rings on the surface before.

Good luck hh Jeremy

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome finds! Do you hunt with a white's dfx? I need a detector and I want to hunt for rings. The stone that you said was blue is an opal and it looks like there are a pair of tourmalines by it if they are pink. Looks like a really old mothers ring I bought on ebay. Happy hunting :-X

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi Sara, I'll give you some advice here. First thanks for giving me some thoughts on the rings. The small one with the 2 dark stones with the blue looking stone in the middle are garnets I think. The stone in the middle is an opal. That ring was found in a hole with a rusted musket ball reading a plus 2 breaking up and hitting the negatives. The band is so thin you have to be pretty skilled with your machine to find them. Always recheck your holes. I found it on my birth day to boot. Every year on my birthday for some reason I find a great find. The first year with my dfx on my birth day I found a 1908 D barber half in V.F condition. I'm just lucky I guess.

Have you ever detected before in your life. Or are you just getting started and looking around. Depends on your budget. For me to give you an accurate opinion of what I think. If you can afford a high performance detector I would get one. If your just trying to find your first detector I would by an mxt for the money slightly used on ebay for about 550.00 to 600.00. My brother who is 15 has one. I tested it and it's a damn good detector for the money. It goes deep to. The first day I used his mxt I found a 1961 franklin half at 8 inches. Picked it up and locked on it with no problem. It goes about as deep as the dfx in my opinion. But isn't as good as the dfx in my opinion. The reason why it isn't is because the dfx is so programable that you can constantly re adj it's settings to pick up more.

Hope this helps some. Tell me a little more about what your intrested in and maybe I could help you a little better.

Good Luck Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks dave. Wish gold rings were found every day. I'd be rich. There always exciting to dig. And you always know when you got gold. It's always still so shiny in the ground.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread