20.9 KB · Views: 3,890
Upvote 1

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Cool find. That's two nice things from Maine I've seen in the last couple of days.

Burt

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man that is great. One of these days I will find one I hope...d2

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
WOW! You must be so proud of that thing. I just found a civil war button in Michigan and couldn't beleive it. I know how you feel. Awesome! It's my goal to find one of those.

Nice job! How did it ring out on the detector?

Ian

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SaginawIan said:
WOW! You must be so proud of that thing. I just found a civil war button in Michigan and couldn't beleive it. I know how you feel. Awesome! It's my goal to find one of those.

Nice job! How did it ring out on the detector?

Ian

Ian...it registered on the meter as a bouncy pull tab signal...I almost passed it by and didn't dig it, but I try to dig ALL signals regardless of what my meter says, just for this reason.

Burt...as far as it being the second nice thing from Maine you;ve seen, I am assuming you are talking about Bootstrap Vinn's dollar Calif gold piece...and as thrilled as I was finding this buckle, I gotta say I like Bootstraps find better.... ;D The seated half he found wasn't too shabby either.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Serious treaure Mainedigger, congrats on the beatiful buckle. I guess you just never know what will come from the ground next. Isn't this a great hobby!!! Thanks for sharing this inspirational find buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet find Maine....I'm still looking for my first....Congrat's and HH!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice condition :)

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Maine digger,Man, Maines coming to life this year huh? Two in the banner?That's awesome!That Buckle is sooooo cool!! I've never seen one with a single center rear hook.What type of site? An old foundation? Well,chalk up another for the maine boys!Congrats to you and continued success! Bootstrap
PS. Your buckles probably worth as much as my gold piece.

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bootstrap vinn said:
Maine digger,Man, Maines coming to life this year huh? Two in the banner?That's awesome!That Buckle is sooooo cool!! I've never seen one with a single center rear hook.What type of site? An old foundation? Well,chalk up another for the maine boys!Congrats to you and continued success! Bootstrap
PS. Your buckles probably worth as much as my gold piece.

Bootstrap...it was a private yard of an early 1800's house, in fact my family rented it and stayed there a few weeks every summer for a few years when I was a kid. It was down about 8 inches. I am thankful they put it on the banner...THANKS guys!!! And am thrilled as well to see Maine represented twice in the same banner, both finds not being something you would really expect us to find here, at least mine caught me by surprise as I am sure yours did.

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
From a former Maine digger, congratulations Mainedigger!

Hey, let us not forget the hero's of Gettysburg, the 20th Maine Infantry. You never know, but that buckle may have been right up there on Little Round Top, when the Maine boys got there dander up. There were plenty of troops from the pine tree state, so not out of the realm of possibility to find things there. I have a 4th Infantry war of 1812 button and a US plate I found down in Kittery years ago. I need to try and locate those items, get a camera and take some pics.

WTG!.....Good luck...........HH

OP
OP
Mainedigger

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEinWV...yes I realize there were alot of men from Maine in the war, there were, I now realize due to some research, over a dozen men from the island here in the war. It's just that finding a buckle here is not as likely as finding one near one of the battlefields etc. I also have found Army and Navy buttons from the Civil War era. I think most of the guys here were in the 25th Maine volunteer infantry and a few were in the Navy. I still have more research to do for the 25th mustered out after 9 months in 1863 and I am now seeing where any of the men may have re-enlisted and in what regiments. Kittery is full of old sites and history so am sure you had some choice spots to hunt when you were there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread