Old Blacksmith Forge Recovered and Cherished!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I was hunting Up North by my ghost town when I remembered an old log barn that had been bulldozed over about ten years ago. I figured I would give it a shot although I didnt expect to find much except my favorite rusty horseshoes and scrap metal. After climbing over rocks and brush I was able to pull some debris away and start digging a bit. The detector was just screaming insanely and I decided to shut her off.I started finding some bottles and then caught the leg of something...soon I had four legs and actually thought I had found an iron barstool...Hahahahaha :) Kept moving rocks and some metal and boards and this is what I got! Yeehaw...Now I can make my own horseshoes ;)
This little baby was heavy and I actually had to go back and get the fourwheeler and trailer because I couldnt lug it .I knocked off the wooden pedals while pulling it out but tried to save as much as I could. I dont know if the coal pan had a lid but there are holes around the top that indicate something. The blower underneath is pedal operated and says HERO Canedy Otto Mgf Co.Chicago Illinois
I absolutely love it and plan on putting it by my potting shed with a plant in it.

Attachments

• DSCN2118.JPG
    DSCN2118.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 6,699
  • DSCN2116.JPG
    DSCN2116.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 2,061
  • DSCN2117.JPG
    DSCN2117.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,757
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions