• A few Tokens 2.jpg
    A few Tokens 2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 528
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Good for 5 sticks of powder? Sounds like a dynamite token, and i mean that literally and figuratively. Nice finds! Tokens are my favorite. HH 8)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found only one token and it was an AA token signifying one month sobriety...and I don't even drink!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks guys. Now if I could only cash them tokens in and get the dynamite. Well lets just say fourth of July would be early this year lol take care guys.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Just some more tokens

Attachments

• Old Tokens.jpg
    Old Tokens.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 462
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
And a few more

Attachments

• Old Tokens 1.jpg
    Old Tokens 1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 458

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
tokens are cool finds,almost always different and make you think about where they came from and how they were used.

bigrig

M

minelabex1000

Tokens are really fun and can be very educational.

Nice finds.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
your five sticks of powder token is called an "Exploder". They are heavily collected and many bring a good premium. See the completed sales on ebay of exploder tokens and maybe your particular token is listed. exanimo, ss

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks Siegfried. That's something I didn't know. I didn't see any on e-bay that were like it. There were only a few to look at. These one's are about the size of a silver dollar. I was hunting a friends yard that I had high hopes on right. Big yard house dated in the 1800S. Was told it was the first house on the street and it probably went up in the mid 1800S. They had these big oil pumps in there yard that these people came and operated. It was loud machinery. Built into the ground. May have been natural gas. One or the other I can't recall. But it was right in his yard. It was weird. I hunted the yard pretty good. Found a few wheat's or so and a war nickle. Yard just really didn't have any targets. But I found these 2 big tokens out by the back door and have had some ever since. Thought they were different. The back states something like only redeemable to employee issued to. There pretty neat. Thanks again for telling me what I had. Don't know a date either. That would be cool to know how old they are.

HH Jer

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
exploder tokens are still in use and even tighter controlled than before since 9-11. When you go to ebay and type in exploder token click on the completed sales button and it will show you all that have been sold in the last six months and what they sold for. You and anyone else can use that technique to get a quick selling price for any sort of relic you can name. If a pristine example brought $20 your dirty or ratty one might only bring $10. If yours is in better shape than theirs you might get more. I won't tell you to contact the guy who barely lost the auction to tell him about your item. That is against ebay's rules even though lots of people do it. exanimo, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread