Buffaloes

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Here are some of the buffaloes I have found over the last 3 years. Nickles are always in terrible condition here were I find them. Do you guys out there have the same problems with nickles. There never silver and once the black flakes off you can't read anything on them. I would tumble them and I may do that in the future. Alot of them are no daters because of the condition and location of the date. They wear off easily.

Good Luck HH Jeremy

Attachments

• Buffaloes.jpg
    Buffaloes.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Here's the rest of them.

Attachments

• Buffaloes 2.jpg
    Buffaloes 2.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 365
D

Darod

I see what your saying about the one's you have there :- That's a bummer.

The one I found the other day was very close to the penny in the same photo on my topic. I can't figure out myself,..how one coin can show so much deterioration and one within a foot or so away can look so good?

Keep in mind that the ground on the site I'm working has all been moved around recently by the heavy equipment clearing the prior building. Perhaps the nickel hasn't been in the ground as long as the penny. Maybe it was protected some how in a different spot from where I actually found it? I don't know? I was in the condition you see when I pulled it out,...dirty of course, but not corroded at all like so many I've found before.

What do you make of it?

I've pulled out pennies that look like someone just bburiedit and then right next to it get another that's half deteriorated away! WWeirdactually!

Rod

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Hi Rod. Must have been some good grounds. No acid in the soil. Every now and then I hit a spot with good soil and the nickles come out solid. But out of the many spots I hunt they are always in terrible condition. Sometimes when I find more than one coin in the same hole. They come out nice. Because there were protection from the other coins laying on top of them. If they all came out silver here like your's did I'd be rich. Anyways man take care and good digs.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread