JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
"All Aboard"

Here are some trolley tokens I have found over the last 3 years. Every time I dig one I wonder just how someone actually made it home. Since all are dated 1922 don't think to many people had cars at that time. Imagine going to the trolley stop all your friends leave. You have no money and think your tokens in your pocket right. You get on to pay and realize you have no money no token and no telephone. Things must have been tough for a few people. I'm sure alot of them ended up trudging it the whole way home. Alot of them may have had to walk miles to get home. Just makes you think. If I was a bus rider lost my fare had no cell phone. Well let's just say it would be ugly.

Take care Guys Jeremy

Attachments

• All Aboard.jpg
    All Aboard.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 596
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Re: "All Aboard"

Here's the rest of them guys.

Attachments

• All Aboard 2.jpg
    All Aboard 2.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 570

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Looks like alot of folks was walking in 1922 if it was the last token they droped.Nice tokens.HH

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wow jer, never thought of thats a good veiw of the lost tokens youve found!sounds funny but sometime i see something dropped lost thrown etc and can get a vibe like a 3-4 second picture show in my head of how it got there.ne one else get that vibe ever,just me been like like that for a while now!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Hi guys and thanks. I go back in time just about every old coin I find. For a brief second like you said you can almost see the item being lost. I find something on a steep hill and go man someone may have fell and nearly broke there neck were this is lieing. I find stuff in the woods lost by kids and for a moment when I dig a tartget I can see kids runing around the woods playing guns hiding under the brush. And while doing so there loosing buttons, coins,guns, artifacts, tokens, jewelry. Your not the only one man.

HH Jeremy

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT

Jer,

Thanks for the story. We appreciate your posts. Definitely lots of enjoyment just seeing what you found in the ground.

I used to live in PA. Now I'm over in Maryland these days. The DFX seems like a good machine.

Can't wait til spring.

Later.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

No problem glad you guys here like them. My mothers boy friend lives in Baltimore. P.a is a good state to treasure hunt. I would think Maryland would be to. As far as the dfx goes it's truly the ultimate detector in my book. It's been tried and proven to me. I'd tell ya to if something was a preice of you know what. Keep at it. There's still allot of treasure to be found out there.

HH Jer

M

mattjd

Nice tokens Jer. Since the tokens are all from Pgh, I'm guessing you found them in Pgh. Last year I went TH'ing along some RR tracks that weren't in use anymore that are located close to the Fort Pitt tunnel looking for some tokens. I didn't find any tokens at all which was a dissapointment, however I did find a 1859 IH penny and a small bottle that says Pittsburgh on it exept it was spelled without an "h" at the end. Along these tracks I saw a large rock next to the tracks that had a persons name on it and the date 187?. So the tracks have been there a while. Where did you find all the tokens and do you live in Pgh? Matt

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks Matt. I live in Pittsburgh. I found alot of them in old parks in the city of Pittsburgh and outside the city of Pittsburgh. I have found them at old houses just about all over. There seems to be an abundance of them around. I know were the ft. Pitt tunnels are. Norfolk and western railroad. Were you looking for the camps that were stationed somewere close to the tracks. Above flood zone. Still there would have to be more somewere. Did you search the area very hard. And what type of detector do you use. The bottle dates like 1895 or before. You probably already know that. Let me know if you ever get back around here. I bet there's a railroad camp not to far from were you found the Indian. It would have been the right time period to.

Good Luck man Jer.

M

mattjd

Hey Jer, in Pgh every day! I live there! I was just saying a year ago in my previous post refering to the time I did the TH'ing! What part of Pgh do you live in. I live in a small neighborhood called Westwood. It's really close to GreenTree. Norfolk and Western is correct. It says it in fadded white letters along the side of the RR tracks as you drive under them on the way to Downtown from the West End. I didn't think to look for RR camps, however I did find a flat area that had a small stream running though it that was next to the tracks. Along the stream was where I found the bottle. Along the banks of the stream were a lot of broken china and bottles. So this flat area may have been a RR camp. The flat surface was found after traveling for about three hours on foot on the tracks. I plan on going back to the flat area to do some more detecting for I had to get off the tracks before dark! Did you by chance find any of the tokens at Point Park? I haven't detected there yet, but plan to this sesson (unless you already picked out all the goodies) lol. It would be great to do some detecting with you.(don't have TH partner yet) As far as the question goes of what detetor do I use, check out my website. Are you by chance a member of the Mckees Rocks TH club that has its monthly meetings in Monroeville. Matt

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Hey Matt what's up. Sorry I haven't got back to you. Been super busy helping everyone out. I know were greentree is. I live in keneddy township right above McKee's rocks. I can't check your web site out I don't know it. No I didn't find any of the tokens at point park. Don't think you can hunt it if were taliking about the same spot. The spot were the block house is and the point. If you could sneak into it at night you would find some 1700S stuff. Unless the park your talking about goes by a different name. Those tokens are abundant around the city of Pittsburgh. They can be found just about any were.

I hunt alot with my younger brother who has a mxt. I would think us 3 could get together cover more land and find some spots. I know alot of people to that want to do some hunting. I used to go to the club. I stopped going due to the jealousy and other bull. If your not finding any thing they like you. If your finding stuff look out. I don't want to be involved in that simple stuff. I checked out another club tonight. It's called the north Pittsburgh past finders club. A friend invited me to it to come out and be a guest and talk about the white's dfx to others. Brought some finds in for them and taught them some stuff about the unit. They seemed like a decent bunch of people. I may join them. Just some thoughts.

Take care man. Keep in touch. Let me know sometime through a pm what your schedules like for hunting. Good Luck Jer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread