Big Gold Ring and Ring Return

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting on a beach about a month ago, and a young woman came up to me. She saw that I was metal detecting and she was hoping I could come help her look for a ring. I told her I would give it a shot and walked to the other side of the beach. Well it turns out she was doing a cart wheel in wet mucky sand 'mid-tide' and a gold ring she was given as a gift (it cost $1,000) flew off her ring. They weren't quite sure where they were on the beach, but I started looking. She was really upset about it and her friends were trying to console her about losing it. I didn't want to be too optimistic given the circumstances, but I kept searching. After 1 hour of looking in the area they thought they were, I was still coming up empty. To make matters worse, they had to leave. I offered to take down her number and search a bit more, but it was already way past my time to call it a day. They left and I decided to give it a little bit more. I'm certainly glad I did, 15 minutes after they left I got a great tone, the ring had managed to sink down about 2-3 inches in the sand already. I got out of the water and gave her a call (naturally her phone went to voice mail). A few minutes later she called back and I told them to meet me back at the beach. I could tell in her voice that she still wasn't convinced that I found HER ring (people who don't metal detect probably assume there are rings everywhere on the beach...I wish). When they showed back up I showed it to her, pretty obvious it was hers and she was super excited that I actually found it. All in all it was a great day for her and for me. I look forward to the chance to do many more ring returns in the future.

IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4075 - Copy.JPG

Untitled.jpg

Upvote 7

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty ring! I'm still hoping for my first return one of these days. Hope your good deed is rewarded with many more like them!

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice ring and return!

Don't know how to nominate honorable mention, but I'm going to find out and then do so!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on the find and the return!

hammer0419

Aug 20, 2014
OC NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find and story. Congrats to all involved.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread