Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Is your best find so good you wont post it?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    4460 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I post my finds, all of them. I am not paranoid. So what if someone can find my location. They can't find out where I found the items. Could anyone claim a ring I find? I think that is impossible.

I almost never post where I find anything. Like the huge diamond ring I found. Nobody knows what lake or what part of the lake I found it in. Same with the other diamond rings. Try to prove one is yours. Heck try to even prove I found it. Any police that come to my door they better have a search warrant. Never talk, never give free information and let anybody try to prove I have their ring. It won't happen. I hunt a lot of lakes and a few rivers.

If I found a huge cache. Things might be different. If we were still on the gold standard where it was illegal to own a gold coin or over a certain amount of gold. Prove I have any. I probably wouldn't post a thing if that standard was still in place. But right now as it stands I will post my finds.

Here are last years finds:

fish1on likes this.
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2012
    Farr West, utah
    Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
    391 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View Post
    I post my finds, all of them. I am not paranoid. So what if someone can find my location. They can't find out where I found the items. Could anyone claim a ring I find? I think that is impossible.

I almost never post where I find anything. Like the huge diamond ring I found. Nobody knows what lake or what part of the lake I found it in. Same with the other diamond rings. Try to prove one is yours. Heck try to even prove I found it. Any police that come to my door they better have a search warrant. Never talk, never give free information and let anybody try to prove I have their ring. It won't happen. I hunt a lot of lakes and a few rivers.

If I found a huge cache. Things might be different. If we were still on the gold standard where it was illegal to own a gold coin or over a certain amount of gold. Prove I have any. I probably wouldn't post a thing if that standard was still in place. But right now as it stands I will post my finds.

I could use a few of those for my upcoming treasure hunt with my Son.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2012
    Farr West, utah
    Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
    391 times
    Metal Detecting
    I have not found anything of significant value other than a few gold rings, watches, etc. I am more of a get out to have fun kind of detectorist.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    4975 times
    Banner Finds (4)

Scuba , you SHOULD be "paranoid". And when you walk out the door of your house tomorrow, you should be careful that a plane doesn't crash on your head (hey, stranger things have happened). So please .... exercise more caution. Because the forum wouldn't be the same if you stopped posting d/t your early death.

Oh, and BTW, the pulltab in your pix, 7th one from the left bottom is MINE !! You will be hearing from my lawyers. Hhhaaarrrummmphh !
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    4460 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Scuba , you SHOULD be "paranoid". And when you walk out the door of your house tomorrow, you should be careful that a plane doesn't crash on your head (hey, stranger things have happened). So please .... exercise more caution. Because the forum wouldn't be the same if you stopped posting d/t your early death.

Oh, and BTW, the pulltab in your pix, 7th one from the left bottom is MINE !! You will be hearing from my lawyers. Hhhaaarrrummmphh !

Tom, I usually ask people when they lost their item and in what lake. But since I can't remember where I found that one I will have to make an exception. I will take your word that it is yours. So please send me $6.85 for postage and I will gladly send your pull tab back to you. No need for lawyers. You should agree that I can't be out any more money. I won't charge for my air and gas in my truck so that I could find it for you.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    4975 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    .... You should agree that I can't be out any more money. I won't charge for my air and gas in my truck so that I could find it for you.
    Hmmm, you got me in a financial pickle. I've weighed the fees my lawyer has racked up for the consultations thus far on this matter ($250 p/h). Weighed against your cost of scuba gear & air. The storage costs you've incurred. Mileage rates to and from the lake (gas cost, depreciation on your truck, etc...). Mailing and shipping freight costs to get my tab back to me . Hmmm, I'd say we're about even. Go ahead and keep the tab.

It was a difficult financial decision, but I have to cut my losses and run !
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links